Dead Box

OldeFellow

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi fellers,I have a pace ditv2000 box.When I woke this morning I find the standbye light out,and the box dead.I suppose it will be the power supply that is at fault.Anyone know if any of the components in this are favourites to pack in first.Could save me a bit of time checking as i'm certainly no genius at electonics.Here's hoping.Thanks in advance.

if you find the part thats gone mate let me no. i had one do the same a few months back so its sitting up a corner....

I have only ever seen 1 pace 2000 and if I remember correctly it has a seperate power supply board. If this is the case then send me a pm as I can repair these power suppies for you f.o.c so long as you pay postage.

Chookey

i don't think there is a seperate power board, i think there may be an onboard fuse, should be situated close to the power connector.

Hi All,First the power supply is on the main board,on the right hand side looking from the front.There is a fuse near to the mains connector that is soldered to the board.Thats ok,Ive checked it.

Yes, you are probably right. I haven't seen inside one for 18 months+. I do know though that it is almost exactly the same as the power supply in the 4001. The repair of these and the 4010 is so easy as long as you have a meter and a soldering iron.

@ Oldefellow and irratic...you need to take some voltage readings on the blue coils and post your findings.

Chookey

Does it click constantly when you plug it in (quite hard to hear sometimes) if so its a knackerd cap (i think thats what there called) ive had a few of these do this and gave up trying to fix them in the end so i junked emm !

Check the comps near the PSU and see if any are getting hot, first thing I would do is change a few of the caps near the PSU or even check their voltages when the box is plugged in. A shorted cap or resistor somewhere else on the board could also trip the PSU so without checking voltages it would be difficult to say what to do.

Hi Chookey,Yes the 2000 and the 4001 are very similar if not exactly the same.I have one of each layed out side by side at the preent time.I will do as you sugest and check the voltages on the blue coils (chokes are they?).I'll let you know how I go on.

Hi Chookey,Yes the 2000 and the 4001 are very similar if not exactly the same.I have one of each layed out side by side at the preent time.I will do as you sugest and check the voltages on the blue coils (chokes are they?).I'll let you know how I go on.
Yes, we used to call them chokes in the old days. Had to have a look at your profile and see your date of birth. Same thing, does the same job. If you have had some training in the past this repair will be easy.

Chookey

Hi Chookey,I checked the voltages on the blue coils and were as follows.Each one had a reading fluctuating rapidly between the values of 0.6 volts to 3.9 volts.The main capacitor voltage was fluctuating as well between 329 volts and 331 volts.I could not hear any ticking sound coming from the power supply.Mind you I am a bit deaf,but I had me hearing aid in.Cheers mate .Any help would be golden.

Hi Chookey,Thanks for the diagram mate.I'm ok reading the circuit diagram ,but finding those parts is something else again.I'm not used to this micro stuff it's giving me a headache.I know what I'll go and force a few pints and have another go tomorrow.Thanks again for the diagram mate bloody magic that is.

Back