de_deej's Sportster Pro 1.02 (rc016) 2x missing channels

stellarocksme

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm having a nightmare trying to get the new channels (ITV3 + 4 Horror channel etc) i've swapped the START.LOCAL file from the SECTIONSD.ZIP left dbox on for 30mins rebooted nuthin :mad: Powered on/off then i get "Error please copy Service.xml / Boquet over or execute a scan Aaggrrrraaaaa.

I know the channels are on in my area cause if i do a scan i get em but loose my other channels : shocked2

Thanks for any advice given. :)

:Cheers:

stellarocksme said:
Hi,
I'm having a nightmare trying to get the new channels (ITV3 + 4 Horror channel etc) i've swapped the START.LOCAL file from the SECTIONSD.ZIP left dbox on for 30mins rebooted nuthin :mad: Powered on/off then i get "Error please copy Service.xml / Boquet over or execute a scan Aaggrrrraaaaa.

I know the channels are on in my area cause if i do a scan i get em but loose my other channels : shocked2

Thanks for any advice given. :)

when you say swap are you overwritting it or deleting it and replacing it

also the other sectionsd only auto scan channels that you have transponders already in your services.xml

and sometimes to activate if you waited for a liitle while then reboot then goto service reload channel list

then look in the others bouquet see if its in there m8

cheers

Gav,
I delete the Start.Local and replace it with the other Start.Local but then if i power on/off i loose everything ?

Cheers

stellarocksme said:
Gav,
I delete the Start.Local and replace it with the other Start.Local but then if i power on/off i loose everything ?

Cheers

ok m8 thats right you need to right click and make it 755 chmod and then it will be ok no probs m8

as long as you reboot after you make it 755

: shocked2 Wow, im lost now mate :) what do you mean "make it 755 chmod" thanks for your help and time. Shall i post my services/boquet (ORIGINAL) & services/boquet (NEW SCAN) for you to look at.

Cheers gav

stellarocksme said:
: shocked2 Wow, im lost now mate :) what do you mean "make it 755 chmod" thanks for your help and time. Shall i post my services/boquet (ORIGINAL) & services/boquet (NEW SCAN) for you to look at.

Cheers gav

are you using flashfxp m8

i hope you are that will be easy to show you lol

cheers

here m8 put together a quick guide on how to do it using fxp as thats what i use

hope this helps you m8

cheers

Hi mate,

the easiest way is to not delete the original overwrite it this way the permission will stay the same.

de_deej

de_deej said:
Hi mate,

the easiest way is to not delete the original overwrite it this way the permission will stay the same.

de_deej

hi m8

yea i know i think i put it in the guide its just for those ppl that have deletted it m8 so they know in future m8

cheers

Cheers guy's i'l try it when i get home, once ive done that iput my original services/boquet over using Flash-FXP reboot dbox, leave it for 30 mins then rebbot again BINGO new channels Yippie

If i power off i wont loose everything will i ?

Thanks again

Keep up the good work ppl.

Agggrrrraaaaaa !

Gav, Liam, de-deej help !!!!
Got home last night followed Gavs tutorial he wrote for me (Cheers Gav:Cheers: ) rebooted dbox then waited 30-40 mins powered on and off and guess what ? -------> F*CK ALL (lol):) no channels nuthing just a dum ass message telling me to execute a scan or copy my services/boqute over.

Any ideas lads, thanks again for your help.

Merry Xmas :xmas:

stellarocksme said:
Gav, Liam, de-deej help !!!!
Got home last night followed Gavs tutorial he wrote for me (Cheers Gav:Cheers: ) rebooted dbox then waited 30-40 mins powered on and off and guess what ? -------> F*CK ALL (lol):) no channels nuthing just a dum ass message telling me to execute a scan or copy my services/boqute over.

Any ideas lads, thanks again for your help.

Merry Xmas :xmas:

has someone been messing with the box at all if not thats a strange one

but

do another scan or try and copy over your services.xml bouquet.xml

cheers

Gav,
No mate the box works perfect until i swap them files (start.local) then once i've done that it looses everything everytime i turn it off and on, so i either have to keep putting my services/boqute on or re-flash it.

Thanks mate :Cheers:

There must be a tut on here somewhere so i can add the missing channels myself.....let's see.......:)

stellarocksme said:
Gav,
No mate the box works perfect until i swap them files (start.local) then once i've done that it looses everything everytime i turn it off and on, so i either have to keep putting my services/boqute on or re-flash it.

Thanks mate :Cheers:

There must be a tut on here somewhere so i can add the missing channels myself.....let's see.......:)

ok i understand now you will need to change back once you have all the files as its not very stable and you could lose your channels in the end

do it all again unless you save the services.xml

then thats easier but you dont wnt to keep the houdinis sectionsd on

one day it will be fixed for the uk but not at the mo its good to get the channels and then thats it no more go back to sectionsd for cydine as modded for the uk

cheers

My experience of this problem/SORTED NOW 4 me

I think i had a similar problem once. I had a fault with some text in my services.xml.
have a very close look at it in notepad and found it to be corrupt eg; a > missing or spaced out too much.
It kept saying execute a service scan. I also tried opening file with internet explorer and this showed me where the error was. i put it right with notepad and away we go.

good luck

or sometimes file maybe put into box as services.xml.xml .
this also happened to me and the box did not like this.
twitch twitch
thanks for listening.

I hope someone can relate to this?
It might help......
bigup

Back