de_deej's Sportster Pro 1.02 (rc016) 2x Image Feedback Thread.

de_deej

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have been I’ll for the last couple of days so I thought I would build/mod an image. This is my first attempt (so be gentle) but I hope you will be pleasantly surprised. The image is a squashfs and is very difficult to mod so if you would to change anything let me know and I will find out if it can be done.

Feedback thread for my Sportster Pro 1.02 (rc016)image (see downloads section http://www.world-of-digital.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59421).

This is a 2xI squashfs image, it is not possible to convert this image using image converter but if someone wants to convert it I think it may be possible PM me if you have the time (I don’t have a 1x box so I can’t do it myself) .

Image info.

This image is the latest Sportster Pro 1.02, the root version has been updated to the very latest rc016 and the shellexe is also the latest 1.84.

It has been fully converted for the UK (apart from a couple of minor susi translations which I am in the process of doing)

The image contains LCD English Clock and Date fix.

I have installed the following Camds/Emu’s:

Evocamd, MGCamd, Newcamd all the latest versions. (Evocamd is set to default )

The image also boasts the new Houdini sectionsd which automaticly saves missing/new channels to your services file upon rebooting the box. (Thanks Houdini)

However, I know that cydines sectionsd is the most popular so I have installed this as well (sectionsd_alt) as this should give you a full days epg on most channels and also on Front Row channels. (Thanks cydine)

Please note the cydine sectionsd is currently set to run, if you would like to execute Houdini’s sectionsd follow the instructions in the zip file. (The Houdini sectionsd does not give you a full days epg and at the moment the auto update of channels can not be turned off so it can be quite annoying if you like to delete channels from your services xml file)

I have installed a number of plugins including Susi. If you have never used susi you don’t know what your missing you can update camds and plugins at the push of a button)

At this time the original sportster zapit file is installed so a scan may not pick up frontrow channels (have not tested) but I am working on a fix to install cydines zapit files.

Scan options include: Bruteforce, Sym6887 & Sym 6952.

The image is almost perfect and will allow you to update it yourself, the only negative with this image is that your network has to be connected to change the ucodes and chipset setting. (I am working on a fix but if you need help contact me and I’ll do my best)

The image also allows you to select start times and stream selection on NVOD channels. If you go to an active NVOD channel the yellow button will allow you to select a start time and pressing the right and left arrows will change the stream.

The options menu in sportster extras will allow you to turn a child lock on which will mean the box will need a pin upon booting.

I have also installed a menu which will allow you to turn of the http client so saving on cpu usage also you can select from standard and yweb interfaces.

I have tried my best to leave help and info where possible but if you get stuck let me know.

Well that’s everything I can remember for know everything you expect from an image is there and if you like to use plugins such as outdoor or tuxweather you can install them at the touch of a button same goes for games.

I hope you enjoy I am going to continue to try and include cydines zapit and finish anthing that I have missed.

I would appreciate it if you could leave feedback, so I can make any necessary improvements also tell me what you like so I know what direction to head in, remember its my first one so be gentle.

edit: I forgot to thank Cryogenic, as I copied his code for the nagra key selection menu, thanks Cryo.

de_deej

Last edited:
Well done m8, finally got it released lol. Just to say that I have tested this image before it got posted here and its an absolute gem; a really good professional looking image. Didnt have time really to test stability but it works!

Well done to de_deej, looks like we might have a new image creator on our hands :)

Liam

well what can i say m8 apart from thank god there is another one of us thats great news m8 and VERY WELLDONE for all the hard work that you have put in m8

i cant thankyou enough

cheers brilliant

@ Gav & Liam.

Thanks for your support guys, I really would appreciate your feedback on this version (if you have the time) as I really value your "expert" opinion.

Its taken me a while to come to terms with the squashfs but I've finally got my head around it so I may be able to make further improvements if you have any ideas.

de_deej

The SQUASHFS images are always harder to do than JFFS2 but I think you've mastered it :)

I might slap it on my box again later - right now I'm caught up with enigma super image lol.

de_deej said:
@ Gav & Liam.

Thanks for your support guys, I really would appreciate your feedback on this version (if you have the time) as I really value your "expert" opinion.

Its taken me a while to come to terms with the squashfs but I've finally got my head around it so I may be able to make further improvements if you have any ideas.

de_deej

de welldone m8 i just say that its the hardest to do as liam says and when i get time i will put it on to test it and give you feedback on it m8 no probs

welcome to modding

but now a problemyou get addicted to it and you want more and more

slow down m8 it will all come to you

cheers m8

gav12345 said:
de welldone m8 i just say that its the hardest to do as liam says and when i get time i will put it on to test it and give you feedback on it m8 no probs

welcome to modding

but now a problemyou get addicted to it and you want more and more

slow down m8 it will all come to you

cheers m8

Cheers mate I'm giving it a break for a couple of days as my eyes are sore I was up til 5am last night sorting the cydine sectionsd fix. I learned alot from looking through your images so thanks.

de_deej

Last edited:
de_deej said:
Cheers mate I'm giving it a break for a couple of days as my eyes are sore I was up til 5am last night sorting the cydine sectionsd fix. I learned alot from looking through your images so thanks.

de_deej

thanks m8 you are more than welcome and anytime m8

its just good to see thatyour there doing them

so i could retire now lol

cheers

just put it on m8 all fine but 1 thing mgcamd not working on this one m8????

gav12345 said:
just put it on m8 all fine but 1 thing mgcamd not working on this one m8????

ok m8 i have sorted out the problem for some reason its not writting new keys in the softcam i just transfered mine over and it works so i will have a look at it for you m8 maybe the keys work in your area m8 but it dont for mine

i will report back as and when i can m8

cheers

how would i install tuxweather on this susi dosent give the option of plugins and if i ftp it over into var/plugins i get an error

Hi mate,

go to sportster extras, online update, plugins.

Have fun,

de_deej

gav12345 said:
ok m8 i have sorted out the problem for some reason its not writting new keys in the softcam i just transfered mine over and it works so i will have a look at it for you m8 maybe the keys work in your area m8 but it dont for mine

i will report back as and when i can m8

cheers

Cheers mate, I've fixed it well the image fixed itself I went to sportster extras, online update, cookie update(key update) and it put about 80 key files on the image but it works great. Now I've just got to work out which ones are obsulete.

Apart from that what was your overall impression of the image, did you like the ani at the start ?

de_deej

wow didnt notice this menu - well i did but didnt use it
i was trying to install it via blue button and then susi

also what dose sat-finder do?

this is truely a great image might keep it on n not update it but its just soo tempting when a new image is released to install it!

de_deej said:
Cheers mate, I've fixed it well the image fixed itself I went to sportster extras, online update, cookie update(key update) and it put about 80 key files on the image but it works great. Now I've just got to work out which ones are obsulete.

Apart from that what was your overall impression of the image, did you like the ani at the start ?

de_deej

hi m8well the ani looks so familiar sure its someones avatar i wonder whos it is lol

anyway i have an update for you i have sorted out the problem with the hardware settings for you m8 if you want it that is and i hope you dont mind me doing it for you

cheers

gav12345 said:
hi m8well the ani looks so familiar sure its someones avatar i wonder whos it is lol

anyway i have an update for you i have sorted out the problem with the hardware settings for you m8 if you want it that is and i hope you dont mind me doing it for you

cheers

lol

no problem mate is it the mmops that you used in your image ? I am open to all ideas as I don't like the fact you have to be connected to change the settings ?

Let me know,

de_deej

motsey said:
wow didnt notice this menu - well i did but didnt use it
i was trying to install it via blue button and then susi

also what dose sat-finder do?

this is truely a great image might keep it on n not update it but its just soo tempting when a new image is released to install it!

No problem mate, the susi menu tells you to go there as it is part of susi I don't know why its part of the original image.

I'm glad your initial impressions are good but please keep me updated with regards to stability etc ?

de_deej

whats happening another duplicate message, the board has some problems today. sry.

let me know how you got on i think thats everything but please read the readme file very important as they have to be done to the T m8

get back to me and let me know

cheers

Last edited:
lol yer i noticed that itchy & scratchy

is there a way i can rename the name of the plugins when they are installed because there in germen

Back