dbox2

hi to all who has been involved in this thread,after reading the comments on the thread.got my old dbox2 out.i then read up on how to reload image.downloaded correct programmes and the image dexyweescot put in the downloads,flashed my box set freq netid s/rate,scan mode brute force,came up no channels,restarted the mgcamd still no joy,reflashed the box repeated steps above,even put box on main feed still nothing,noticed a couple of things the mgcamd is 1.24,the other thing when I flashed box with imageand put feed in the time dat sets up right,so would that be saying its getting a signal,but when I change to my net id s/rate and freq and rescan the time date is wrong,can anyone help or point me in the right direction of the image steakunkidney uses thanks dean

My image should work apart from changing your network id and scan for channels.

If you want to start from scratch to learn again.

Flash with latest commando. Set network id. Scan channels using brute force. Install mgcamd. Enter line [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My image should work apart from changing your network id and scan for channels.

If you want to start from scratch to learn again.

Flash with latest commando. Set network id. Scan channels using brute force. Install mgcamd. Enter line [emoji4]

hi,thanks for your reply,i gave it a go again,thanks,can I use this image Commando 15.1b thanks

Last edited:
No thats for dm500c/s

it will need to be commando 12 or ultraphat

Last edited:
Here's the goodies for 2x commando

Attachments

• Commando_12_LZMA_x2_28-01-2010_19h05.rar
    5.5 MB · Views: 10
  • mgcamd 1.38.rar
    348.6 KB · Views: 21
  • Readme mgcamd install.txt
    109 bytes · Views: 32
I just used the ultra phat image in the download section it only has mgcamd installed. It may be yr mg_cf file isn't right, when I get chance I'll post mine, also make sure u have the network set up correctly

Been along time since done this but flashed ultra phat image ftp mgcamd and copy paste over mg.cfg did a scan for croydon 40979 6952 first tried 531000 nothing then tried 411000 and got 360 plus channels doing network id scan - yesterday fta channels showed but
unfortunately none of them show today and come up with error channel not available, waitng for time...(epg loading). Tried reset camd, stop then start mgcamd no luck.It does show the correct time and date but thats it

Any help much appreciated thanks

If u never changed anything and the fta was on then must be either signal or tuner issue

hi,thanks for your help,i give your image try when you upload it thanks.

Been along time since done this but flashed ultra phat image ftp mgcamd and copy paste over mg.cfg did a scan for croydon 40979 6952 first tried 531000 nothing then tried 411000 and got 360 plus channels doing network id scan - yesterday fta channels showed but
unfortunately none of them show today and come up with error channel not available, waitng for time...(epg loading). Tried reset camd, stop then start mgcamd no luck.It does show the correct time and date but thats it

Any help much appreciated thanks

Make sure you have correct net it and do a full network scan. The cam nothing to do with fta. Mind you only get channel 1-5 on fta with cable and not the hd versions

Hmmm, ive come back in today turned on dbox and done network scan and magically channels scan in and fta is working again! i dread to turn off fear it may not work again, seems to suggest something not relating to tuner.wondering if theres a way to save channels ive scanned and also can someone please pm me some clear hints about how to enable/get a line for the non-fta channels

FTP into your var/tuxbox/config/zapit folder and transfer you bouquets and services files to your pc then you will have a backup of your channel list.

thanks, i was really asking for a way to save on the box so if i switch off and they disappear i could just reload/retrieve w/out external source can someone please pm me some clear hints about how to enable/get a line for the non-fta channels

Yeh. Funny, if i unplug and leave a while then turn on i can rescan first time and get the fta channels working

Must be faulty tuner or signal issues. Dbox were prone to these. They are old receivers tbf

Back