dbox2 wont boot up

firefox1965

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi,
i have a black dbox2 with x2 intel, with sporster 1.75uk image. the box works fine but if it is unplugged from the mains it wont boot up. sometimes switching power on/off repeatedly gets it working or if i connect it to pc and use IFA it will boot box up without having to flash an image to box. any help would be appreciated

i have to agree with hacker just reflash and i am sure it will be alright

hi,
i have reflashed with IFA & FLASH FXP several times but i keep getting the same problem. its strange, if i power off at plug and power on straight away box wont boot up but if i leave it for 10 mins or so it boots up as normal... i guess i will just have to live with it.

cheers for the replies

firefox1965 said:
hi,
i have reflashed with IFA & FLASH FXP several times but i keep getting the same problem. its strange, if i power off at plug and power on straight away box wont boot up but if i leave it for 10 mins or so it boots up as normal... i guess i will just have to live with it.
cheers for the replies
What happens if you shutdown via the the remote, will it boot up again straight away or do you still have to wait 10 mins?

hi Fatblerk,
if i shut down with remote the box shuts down as normal and will restart as as normal, only happens when power is is off...hope this helps

hmmmmmmmm, intresting. has to b a dodgy box. im sure it happend to som1 b4 and he simply reflashed it and it workd again. but mayb ur box is faulty.

btw. y du u need to switch it off from the mains. u can keep it on at night and nuttin will happen. mines is on 24/7 and no problems.

cheers hacker,
this box i been having problem with is for my bro, i guess simple way is to give him my box that is ok and i use the 1 with problem...at least then i know i need to power of a lil while if anything ever happens

firefox1965 said:
hi Fatblerk,
if i shut down with remote the box shuts down as normal and will restart as as normal, only happens when power is is off...hope this helps
It might be worth trying a different image so as to help rule out a software problem but if the problem re-occurred then you possibly have a problem with the power supply .... but don't quote me on it ..... :(
Luckily you don't have to boot up too often so i'd suggest you live with while it's still working and worry about it if it fails completely.

Back