Dbox2 V's DI4000-T

spud1966

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi to all

I have a DI4000-T box , and I know some one selling a Dbox2 , should I keep are get rid of my 4000 box and get the Dbox2??? . Don’t Know What is better out of the two.

Cheers Garry

DBOX2 definately better. They're faster, more reliable and have a million and one features that Pace boxes dont have.

Grab a DBOX2; although the prices are rising they are still worth every penny - they are so flexible and customizable, and best of all they autoupdate the keys and DONT use a card! :)

Liam.

Hi liamcrayden

ThAnK's for the reply , off to get the Dbox2.

Garry

If you get stuck then let us know - shouldnt have any problems tho :)

Unless of course you start to play with the live mp3 streaming, the TV streaming, the video playback from PC, the internet, the weather forecast, live webcams, recording to PC hard drive, the list goes on .... ;)

Whereas I'm beginning to think I want my ditv 2000 back :mad:

dbox 2 v pace

by far the dbox2 is a better machine depending on the version u have.....
the nokia dbox2 when using the sporster image outperforms the sagem dbox2 and is quicker than the fta101.. simple reason dbox2 is better than pace boxes and that is those damn rom11 revboc cards are a bit of a bugger to do..whereas the dbox2 when it goes of u just reload the image( depending on how many amd or intel chips they have) then its just a matter of sending the services and bouqets over and bobs ur uncle...jobs a good un more free tv

hi alvinder1

Cheers for the info , getting it tomorrow , think its a sagem dbox2.
Is that a good thing are bad???

Garry

Dont think it matters nokia or sagem, i have had both with no differences with either, but haveing said that you can get a bad sagem and/or a bad nokia, its just seems pot luck.
But still loads off fun !

for me i couldn't tell the difference. had a sagem 1x and worked no bother just the same as a nokia 2x i had earlier. another good thing is sagems normally have a newer chip avia600 compaired to nokia's avia500

ThaNk's to every one for the information ,going to pick the sagem up later to day.

Going to keep the 4000 box for a few days , and see what is the best out of the two.

Cheers Garry

A wise choice... I wish there were more people like you who are making the jump from a pace box to a DBOX2. I love it when the dbox forum is buzzing :)

Message for Everyone:
====================================
EAST OR WEST, DBOX2 IS THE BEST
====================================

I had pace 4000 box and it gave me about 200 channels. I thought I was the god. but when I used DBOX2. I thought I was a donkey for using P ACE box.
DBOX2 is the best box you can get.

one of the best feature of DBOX2 is its ability to group channels. you can create bouquets(groups or folders) you can call them SPORTS, MUSIC,ADULT,MOVIES,etc. and you can add channels to this bouquets(groups) which makes easier for you to navigate.

It even displays what program it currently showing for every channels.

its great box. Trust me I would go for it. Sod that P ACE or sammy boxes.

Enjoy!!!

@cheecs

i would post that in the general cable section just to make people jealous ;) These boxes really are the best, and theres no stupid messing around with them unlike the pace or sammys. Sure, pace boxes were good in the days, but theyre just plain crap now...

These can do so much more. And just think, people spend £100s on pace/sammy's for all the equipment (jtag, glitcher, card reader, box, serial cable, etc + all the different card types: autoupdating etc), whereas you can pick up a dbox and hook it up to your network for instant access.

Plus, a DBOX *isnt* the cable companies profit, so a little less crime on your behalf :)

People just dont know what theyre missing out on... dbox is the way to go,
Liam.

yeah dont tell me about it. I spend £70 for the equipments for pace box. and with Dbox all you need is ethernet cable, PC or laptop(I got laptop) and little bit of brain power and see what you can do.

I'm thinking to write small application which keeps log of what channels been watched on the DBOX2 and for how long with date and time, see if I can make it work.

hi there guys was just readin up just wanted the know how many extra channels do u get with a dbox 2 do u just get the same channels as ur pace box or fo u get more the reason im asking is i want to get art sport wasnt sure what equipment i needed

I dont think art sport is broadcast on the NTL/Telewest network.
With a dbox2 you can only get whatever channels are broadcast in your area - exactly the same as a pace box which has been modified.

Art sport is definately available on satellite...

Back