Dbox2 Recording

davidschwimmer

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi,

Hope you are all well. Just a quick question regarding the recording of channels onto my pc via dbox.

I have followed the guide and all appears well. The dbox connects fine and saves the program file onto my computer.

However when i go to watch my recording via the dbox movie player it simply dosen't work. Black screen which after a while goes back to the file browser.

When i try and play the file via VLC on my computer i notice it has three files. one for audio, epg and picture. The picture runs fine although no sound so i know it is saving correctly.

So my question is simple am i doing anything wrong? i assume you should be able to play your records via the movie player on the dbox. The files are saving as ts, do the file names need to include ts at the end of the name?

Also is it possible to play the files via my computer with sound on? or do i have to convert them to play sound and pic. if so which program.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

If you are getting seperate files for video and audio (00 and 01 files), you probably haven't got SPTS mode enabled on the Dbox. Enabling this will record to a single TS file on your HD. Are you using Direct File Recording or do you use recording software like DboxWinServer on the PC?

If you enable SPTS mode, you need to use ucode014.

To play the TS files back on your PC, you might need to install a TS codec. I can't remember if VLC comes with one one built-in.

VLC has supported .ts files for a while, but only the latest Nero, PowerDVD players have adopted the format so that may be why they dont play.

Back