Dbox2 Not Getting Past Boot Screen

Hi all, back again after playing round with my dbox. Copied a good image from my friends working dbox to my pc as above. Flashed to mine using IFA, still only getting the Sportster logo then goes into standby after a minute.
Don't get the image info boot screen like my friends does after the logo disappears.

Also cannot find the image2dbox software on the above website when I do a search.

Is there no hope me!

Try this http://dublindbox.4shared.com/

Just had a thought what would happen if someone tried to flash the dbox with bootloader. What would happen to the dbox? Would it lose the bootloader it originally had?, if so how would you restore the bootloader?. This could be my problem.

Any comments please guys.

Just had a thought what would happen if someone tried to flash the dbox with bootloader. What would happen to the dbox? Would it lose the bootloader it originally had?, if so how would you restore the bootloader?. This could be my problem.

Any comments please guys.
No the box would no boot at all, yours is still booting to the sporster boot logo.
Post a flashlog and a bootlog.

No the box would no boot at all, yours is still booting to the sporster boot logo.
Post a flashlog and a bootlog.

Cheers for clearing that one up mate. Cannot download the help file from the link you gave me. Not got enough posts yet.

Cheers for clearing that one up mate. Cannot download the help file from the link you gave me. Not got enough posts yet.
If you use a nullmodem cable aswell when you flash it with ifa you will see the flashlog in the ifa window when its finished click copy to clipboard and paste in a text file and attach it here.

For a bootlog
Install dboxmanager and attach nullmodem cable to box and pc
untick everything except com and set to 9600 baudrate click start it should go to
the com window now power up the box you will see the bootlog right click a copy all text to clipboard when its finished booting up and do the same as above.

Thanks. Will post the bootlog tomorrow hope someone can make sense of it.

I made my own null modem cable using pinouts for full handshaking.

But cant see anything in the bootlog when using IFA or bootmanager.

Please see enclosure for pinouts I've used.

Hiya pal ya need to perform a procedure called miniflash..using i.f.a.the boot ups jammed pal...i could take you through this,but dont want to break any rules only joined today..

Null Modem

I bought all the parts for Null modem cable from Maplin, works fine. It came to around £15 if i remember right. Still having problems with my Nokia Dbox2 though... it forgets channel lists. Worried it might be a hardware problem!

Hiya pal ya need to perform a procedure called miniflash..using i.f.a.the boot ups jammed pal...i could take you through this,but dont want to break any rules only joined today..

Hi, mate could you please advise on this miniflash using ifa you maybe my only hope of getting this dbox to work!

CHEERS

bought a new null cable same thing can't get a log to post and still won't go into image info screen, just goes into standby.

Can the avi500 or ram be replaced easily and how much will it cost. Also where do i purchase the bits?

Cheers

Check if the comports are enabled in the PC bios and use plain bootmanager for the bootlog.

mgb can you talk me through checking the com ports, I have windows xp. Not sure were to look for the pc bios.

Cheers.

Reboot your pc then you have to press repeatedly either the F2.F8 or delete key it should say which one on the bottom of the boot up process to get into the bios then look through the menus to see if the com ports are enabled.
While your in there if your pc supports hyperthreading technology disable this also while you are in there save settings then exit and reboot.

never went for a dbox2 cos of the questionable quality...eurovox all the way.

Reboot your pc then you have to press repeatedly either the F2.F8 or delete key it should say which one on the bottom of the boot up process to get into the bios then look through the menus to see if the com ports are enabled.
While your in there if your pc supports hyperthreading technology disable this also while you are in there save settings then exit and reboot.

Thanks m8, check com port settings okay, think its time to send my Dbox to Dbox heaven in the sky.

Maybe send to someone with a bit more patience, time and knowledge.

Cheers

Back