Dbox2 Not Getting Past Boot Screen

To fix any corrupt image or Kein System, use IFA. Do not worry about the null modem cable as the crossover cable works just fine but doesn't give you all the flashing info. I only use the null cable when putting dboxes into debug mode.

Make sure all firewalls and antiviruses are off and disable all network cards except for the one you are going to connect to the dbox. assign a static ip address to the network card too otherwise windows dhcp will be trying to assign and ip address. plug everything together but do not power the dbox on, work through the ifa software and then plug in the dbox to the mains. Lade Software and Hallenberg.com should appear and then the flash will occur.

If the dbox does not boot successfully after the happy faces appear on the LCD then the image used is corrupt so just re-flash in the same manner. this should take not more than 5 minutes! be careful when making a 1x image into a 2x image, or vice versa, using the image clone software as this does not always work.

if you need working images pm me.

good luck

If I back up a friends DBOX2 image on my PC using Imagebackup. Will it copy all the channel listing and favorites too?

Then I could reflash my box with a working image.

If I back up a friends DBOX2 image on my PC using Imagebackup. Will it copy all the channel listing and favorites too?

Then I could reflash my box with a working image.

Yup, that would work as long as you live in the same city.

Yup, that would work as long as you live in the same city.

Ulesim, when i backup my friends image do i need to get his DBOX's ip address and put it in my laptops network connections?
or does the image backup software do that for me.

Cheers

Ulesim, when i backup my friends image do i need to get his DBOX's ip address and put it in my laptops network connections?
or does the image backup software do that for me.

Cheers

Back up the image and FTP into the dbox. The image will be saved in /tmp. From there you can just transfer it over to your PC.

Back up the image and FTP into the dbox. The image will be saved in /tmp. From there you can just transfer it over to your PC.

Cheers mate will try this tonight.

My prob so far is: Flashed Dbox with new image with a Sportster image(Sportster_1.73_SquashFS_2xI)
After message on box said "Flashing Done!" Plugged into TV, turn on DBOX and all I see after the the box boots up is the Sportster logo for about 2 mins then the DBOX goes into standby.

Does this still sound like only an image prob?

Would really appreciate some help with this one. DBOX2 goes into standby after showing the Sportster logo.

Image is corrupt so you may need to reflash with a different image. this sometimes happens when an image is converted from 2x to 1x. try one of the images at dublindbox.4shared.com

one thing before you do this, the image may be fine but you will not have any emu's, keys or service.xml on that particular image so no channels will be displayed.

try and ftp into the box or even browse the ip address in IE and if this works the image is fine. if not, re image.

Cheers mate will try this tonight.

My prob so far is: Flashed Dbox with new image with a Sportster image(Sportster_1.73_SquashFS_2xI)
After message on box said "Flashing Done!" Plugged into TV, turn on DBOX and all I see after the the box boots up is the Sportster logo for about 2 mins then the DBOX goes into standby.

Does this still sound like only an image prob?

Try flashing it with another image. Try the latest Commando image or Commando 6.

one thing before you do this, the image may be fine but you will not have any emu's, keys or service.xml on that particular image so no channels will be displayed.

try and ftp into the box or even browse the ip address in IE and if this works the image is fine. if not, re image.

My friend has working image and lives in my area, can you explain how to copy his image to my PC using FTP. Also if I copy his image will it contain all I need including the emu's, key, and services.xml?
So then I can just flash his image to my box?:(

My friend has working image and lives in my area, can you explain how to copy his image to my PC using FTP. Also if I copy his image will it contain all I need including the emu's, key, and services.xml?
So then I can just flash his image to my box?:(
Dbox,service.sorftwareupdate,expertfunctions,read ONE partion and
flash Without bootloader
it will put it in the /tmp folder as mtd3.img transfer it to your pc
then transfer it to the /tmp folder on the other box then
Dbox,service.sorftwareupdate,expertfunctions,write ONE partion and
flash Without bootloader.
Both boxes will be identical then.

Dbox,service.sorftwareupdate,expertfunctions,read ONE partion and
flash Without bootloader
it will put it in the /tmp folder as mtd3.img transfer it to your pc
then transfer it to the /tmp folder on the other box then
Dbox,service.sorftwareupdate,expertfunctions,write ONE partion and
flash Without bootloader.
Both boxes will be identical then.

When I do the Dbox,service.sorftwareupdate,expertfunctions,read ONE partion and flash Without bootloader, does FTP have to be running and my PC connected?
Also how do you copy files for dbox to PC using TCP? Cut and Paste, Drag and Drop?

When I do the Dbox,service.sorftwareupdate,expertfunctions,read ONE partion and flash Without bootloader, does FTP have to be running and my PC connected?
Also how do you copy files for dbox to PC using TCP? Cut and Paste, Drag and Drop?

No, your PC doesn't have to be connected to back-up the image. Once it's backed up, just FTP into the dbox, browse to /tmp and transfer the file over to your PC.

not booting

Himate I had same problem I sorted it with a null cable and cross over cable box then worked fine took me a bit of time but got there in the end

No, your PC doesn't have to be connected to back-up the image. Once it's backed up, just FTP into the dbox, browse to /tmp and transfer the file over to your PC.

You can also use the image2dbox software on dublindbox.4shared.com. just run this software, change the ip address as required, select the image and enter the username and password, usually root and dbox2.

once the image has been transferred, follow the instuctions on screen (in german or english which ever you prefer!!).

ps. remember, when copying images, select option image without bootloader otherwise the image will not work (bootloader is already on the dbox)

Hi all, back again after playing round with my dbox. Copied a good image from my friends working dbox to my pc as above. Flashed to mine using IFA, still only getting the Sportster logo then goes into standby after a minute.
Don't get the image info boot screen like my friends does after the logo disappears.

Also cannot find the image2dbox software on the above website when I do a search.

Is there no hope me!

Hi all, back again after playing round with my dbox. Copied a good image from my friends working dbox to my pc as above. Flashed to mine using IFA, still only getting the Sportster logo then goes into standby after a minute.
Don't get the image info boot screen like my friends does after the logo disappears.

Also cannot find the image2dbox software on the above website when I do a search.

Is there no hope me!

Have you tried flashing a different image such as Commando or Tardis??

Did u have this DBOX working fine before u flashed the image? just trying to establish if its teh DBOX or the image files?

Bought this from ebay as "working until he tried to flash it!" Tried Sportster 1.7 and commando 6 so far. No Luck yet.
Please keep your idea coming in guys I wont give up until its working!
Seems i'm not the only one with this prob judging by the views of this thread.

IVE TRYED BOTH COM PORTS ON MY PC AND THE BOTH DONT WORK . ITS AS IF IVE REFLASHED WITH SPORT1.7 ITS BOOTED UP OK THEN TURNED BOX OFF AND ON AGAIN AND IT WONT BOOT UP PAST THE LOGO SCREEN AND NOW IM LEFT WITH A DBOX AND CANT FIGGER OUT HOW TO GET MY COMPUTER 2 FIND THE IP FOR THE BOX IVE TRYED LOADS OF WAYS WITH NO RESULT ??? IVE IFA AND NULL MODEM AND CROSSOVER
Stop shouting!
Post the flashlog and the bootlog in a text file.

Back