dbox2 nokia

Shouldnt need it. If you flash the box with a UK image using IFA, then you can use FTP to transfer your service.xml/bouquet.xml files to the box. Alternatively you can just scan for channels.

There is software for the PC that can emulate the DBOX control; see here: http://www.dbox2.info/download.php?viewpage=5&catid=5&subcat=
look for "DBOX2Remote Over Lan"

Liam.

Thanks m8 for the speedy reply been trying to sort this all day lol
its spose to have this image on it : SPORSTER PRO IMAGE

ok m8 i have that image but i will have to get a cable to connect box to pc a rj45 what ever that is i think
Thats not a com cable is it sorry if i sound thick but i aint far off lol

lol, its an RJ45 ethernet crossover cable. It will look identical to the one used on your cable modem, but the wires inside are different.

A com cable is thicker and the sockets at each end are larger, whereas the crossover cable looks more like a telephone line.

i am a pain aint i lol
i have an old crossover cable i used to use for broadband as i now use usb would that be ok
Ok i have just got your tutt.Connected the cable i found one.I have 4 connections showing in the network connections so i think i disable the usb one thats the one i use for broadband is that correct please.i have a 1394 connection thats enabled and says its firewalled ?.and i have a local area connection2 disabled and firewalled realtek ? do i need to disable all of these ?

You need to disable ALL of the connections apart from the one you are using. This includes disabling any broadband (however you connect), USB, other ethernet, 1394/Firewire connections etc.

You will also need to FULLY DISABLE the built in Windows XP Firewall. You can do that by clicking "Change Windows Firewall Settings" on the left pane in the Network Connections window.

Liam.
(p.s.... are you sure its a crossover cable you have found as i used to use a straight/patch cable for mine and although they look identical it just wont work)

ok done all that problem is now all the dam text is in german
got the tut on manuall scanning but found the service page but its again in german can you give me a clue as to how far down it is the one i need to select on that page and the service scan page please.how can i convert this dam thing to english ???

thanks for your help off to bed now will be back wednesday evening for another go

ps cable seems ok cos it sent the bits it needed to to the box but i cant get any further wish i was german lmfao

If the text is in german then you can't have flashed a UK image - look in the downloads section, you definately 100% need an image modified for UK use.

We cant use german images in the UK as they simply dont contain the right settings and modifications, and obviously we cant read anything they say :p

Once you're new UK image has been flashed then your box is sorted :)

ok m8 ill try and get a new cable today maybe its that i did put the new sportster image on or it said it did lol maybe the cable is not a crossover one cheers all for your help>I think the problem is either the cable or the german menu
when i get to the part for writting the flash file i am not sure if i am selecting the correct sectionexpert i think is the second one down i select that then i have no idea what file is write one partition cos of the german.ok i think i have found it but there is only one file there its called mtd.Img ? no Image.Img

The mtd.img is the correct one, just named different sometimes,the menu you want in the software update menu is then the second one down (expert functions) then 4th down (write one partition) then 4th down again (flash without bootloader), if all else fails then get crossover and flash with ifa.

DessertDog,

temporarily (saves alot of hassle!), do this:

1. go into "dbox" menu.
2. select "einstuellung" (or whatever is german for settings)
3. select "sprache" (or whatever is german for language)
4. select "english"
5. press ok.
6. menus are now in english.

Liam.

mmmmmmmmmmm there is no engish file m8 only 2 in ettings 1.zuruck 2 sprache
if i select sprache then it only shows polski or deutsch
what ever they are
done every thing else too even got a new cable today but made difference.

Im beginig to think i have been stiched up with the box ??

rebooted box now i get a screen that says Es wurden keine kanale gerfunden!
and some more tex
??????????????

Use IFA to flash a new image - you dont need to do anything via FTP and dont need to no the IP address, all you need is an ethernet cable; the IFA software, and a UK image from the downloads section.

by image i assume you mean the xlm file if so there is not one for my area in forum m8
Thanks for all the help lads i do appriciate it
dam now im getting gbh from misses

Here is an image file for your box: World of Digital
This is the IFA software: [DLMURL]http://www.dboxservice-hallenberg.de/freedownload.php?downloadid=3[/DLMURL]
And here is a little guide: World of Digital

Use this info to flash your box, and then it'll all be in english and ready to be scanned :)

Liam.

Last edited by a moderator:
cheers liam
Gonna give it a go now thanks

If i unplug the box from mains as it says in the tut. i have no connection to the box and tells me to restart windows cos no connection is found Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr
who said this was easy lol

Sorry lads i think i have had enough im getting gbh from misses about buying crap lol that dont work rying to explain to her is like talking to a donkey

Is there anyone local to me btn that would have a go i dont mind paying or is that not allowed if i have said summing wrong there please forgive me and deleate it
I have a picture of what comes up on the screen but i cannot post it here ?

Back