dbox2 nokia

Error 1048 means something is using the network port already.
Maybe there is a DHCP server running in your network or ICS is activ.

mgb said:
Error 1048 means something is using the network port already.
Maybe there is a DHCP server running in your network or ICS is activ.

Dam that sounds like a disease ?
What is ICS ?? please
what is DHCP when its home

Hi desertdog
i have been following your progress with this problem
am i right that your image is still showing german text ?
because you said earlier in the thread you could see "sprache" in menu and had an option for "deutsch"
if this is still correct select "deutsch" and you should be able to get english text
let us know how you get on

LincCracker said:
Hi desertdog
i have been following your progress with this problem
am i right that your image is still showing german text ?
because you said earlier in the thread you could see "sprache" in menu and had an option for "deutsch"
if this is still correct select "deutsch" and you should be able to get english text
let us know how you get on
yes m8 you are right but the only 2 texts are deutch and polski no English
Would you believe i have been to 5 computer shops for a null modem cable only one i could get was a modem cable small d to large D not the correct one i dont think

Small d to large d is wrong cable im afraid, not haveing much luck are you ! have you got the crossover cable and connected to dbox and pc.

derekwd said:
Small d to large d is wrong cable im afraid, not haveing much luck are you ! have you got the crossover cable and connected to dbox and pc.

yes have that cable but got probs going that route
so have to get null modem cable to try that route but wont get that today now i have to drive 30 miles to get one i think
I am getting no where fast

i know what you mean m8, but eventually the penny will drop just persevere

i know what you mean mate gone through all that myself ,it seems impossible
but eventually the penny will drop
and believe me its worth it

keep trying:)

DessertDog said:
Dam that sounds like a disease ?
What is ICS ?? please
what is DHCP when its home

ICS means Internet Connection Sharing. You should known if you activated that feature on your pc.
DHCP means Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol and there is maybe a dhcp server active on your pc or your router and the dbox is conected to that router.
Both features prevend the connection between dbox and IFA.
A null modem cable don't solve that problem.

can you put us all out of our missery and let us know what was causing the problem as there might be somebody else here with same problen

To be honest m8 i aint got a clue i just done as i was advised step bt step and after some time fergal sorted it out.
Sorry if i could remember what was done i would let everyone know.
I do know i had to get a Null Modem cable to sort it m8 if thats any help
:Cheers:
what i will do is post the xml files and the bogue or what ever its called when i can find em lol
I think the main problem was no sportster was on it as it was agreed they would do.And it was all in german

Back