Dbox2 newbie help

mjscottkdy

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi All

Completely new to all this, got a dbox2 from Germany on Monday which I now understand wouldn't work out of the box. Managed to get a local services.xml and bouquets.xml onto box tuesday.

Couldn't do a scan as only German cable providers were listed.

All I got was terrestrial TV, Nickolodeon Junior, MTV UK, Playboy PPV.

Managed to get more info on here last night and modified scan.conf and created a new cables.xml file (using the remote!!). I can now scan the local service but still have the same channels as above. Other channels are there as i get the EPG information but the picture is black with no sound. BER, SNR check out ok.

I am also getting a network card today to make life easier.

Any ideas on next steps?

I had much the same problem when i first got my d box, for some reason sportster wouldn't work in my area - i reflashed the box with liams enigmaX image using IFA and did a manual scan - bingo all channels - try using a different image

Mate which image are you using ? Try on of the newer sportster ones from the download section. Be sure to get the correct one x1 or x2 nokia are mostly x2. Re-flash with new image and do a fresh scan be sure to turn off Fast Scan. Your problem my just be you have an old image on the dbox.

Hope this help, any more problems just ask.

:)

you cant get a dbox working at its best with the image on it that was on it when you got it off ebay. you need to flash an image on it take your pick in the downloads section.

It is a sagem 1x box with Sportster 2.00 dated 03.10.2005

I take it the enigma 2xi image won't be suitable for this box?

Thanks for all your help so far.

mjscottkdy said:
It is a sagem 1x box with Sportster 2.00 dated 03.10.2005

I take it the enigma 2xi image won't be suitable for this box?

Thanks for all your help so far.

no you need the 1xi image
its in the downloads section
this works great on my sagem
helpful hint - take the top off your box and unplug the modem - this often helps sagems from freezing

I must be blind! I cant see the 1xi image in the downloads section.

mjscottkdy said:
Thanks yossarian31

I'm away to get a network card now.

hi and wellcome m8 we are one big happy family here just remember to say hi to everyone in the "who are you section "cheers m8

totalguy said:
you cant get a dbox working at its best with the image on it that was on it when you got it off ebay. you need to flash an image on it take your pick in the downloads section.
where i get mine from m8 the image he uses is first class i think they are sportster 1.73 05 which is plug and play i dont even need to change service files/ bouquete files he does it for me and hes from germany

make sure you download IFA from download section as well
you will need a crossover cable as well
good luck m8 you'll be watching the match preety soon

Ok, here's the status now.

Flash process failed - either the computer hung or the dbox stopped communicating.

Now it doesn't boot-up. What now?

Sportster Pro

U-boot 1.1.2 --->autoboot: 1 ---> loading kernel - and that's it.

I guess I will need to try and get hold of a null modem cable tomorrow.

you dont need a null modem to flash it
but without one you wont see whats happening in the com window.
try again with ifa
if flashing appears in the lcd its getting somewhere
i think it takes about 15 mins i think.
Hope this helps.

Flashing didn't appear at any point that I can remember.

IFAFL comes up with an error in german - I think it says it can't make a connection. Please check the connections.

Last edited:
1.Install IFA in to C:/ and Add IFA to the exceptions in windows firewall,then turn the
firewall off,
2.Disable ALL antivirus programs...If you have any Norton crapware disable worm blocking
aswell....you might even have to unistall it this includes systemworks aswell
3.Disable any popup stoppers.
4.Give your pc network card a static ip.
IE:pC ip:192.168.1.201
subnet mask 255.255.255.0
set to 10baseT_halfduplex
5.Disable any other network cards you have installed including wireless
6.Ethernet crossover cable connected
7.Nullmodem cable connected if you have one
8.Turn off box,
9.Put Image in C:/
10.Start IFA
11.Select networkcard
12.Tick nullmodem if you have one
13.Select image in C:/
14.Press ok if it goes to a comm window turn on the box.
15.If you dont get flashing in the lcd on the box then something is still blocking the network
Hope this helps.

Thanks for your help Fergalsworld. When I run IFA it pings the dbox before I even switch it on and reports it as failed. The dbox still boots up to the loading kernel stage. I don't have a null modem cable so don't think I will get anywhere until I get one tomorrow. I assume that because the data on the box is goosed the only way i can get a new image on is through the serial connection.

I am giving up for today. I'm going to open a bottle of vodka to relieve my frustrations.

Cheers!

If its failing before you even switch the box on
something is still blocking the network.
Mgb mentioned something about internet card sharing (ics) in another post
disable also.
Hope this helps.

Back