Dbox2 LCD Modification

Moley-UK

Member ++
Reaction score
Hi,

I am just wondering if anyone has been able to modify the lcd display themselves to change the colour to blue, or another colour, other than the light green type colour.

My dbox is the sagem one, but I'm sure they use roughly the same, if not exactly the same display as the nokias.

Thanks

Moley-UK said:
Hi,

I am just wondering if anyone has been able to modify the lcd display themselves to change the colour to blue, or another colour, other than the light green type colour.

My dbox is the sagem one, but I'm sure they use roughly the same, if not exactly the same display as the nokias.

Thanks

The displays look the same sagem/nokia, however to colour of the display is dependant to the lcd screen itself. Namely, a green lcd can only display green(on) & black (off). You can not change the colour of the display via settings or software.

Davido123 said:
The displays look the same sagem/nokia, however to colour of the display is dependant to the lcd screen itself. Namely, a green lcd can only display green(on) & black (off). You can not change the colour of the display via settings or software.

david is right about that you can go and buy a blue lcd and install it yourselve not very complicated

just a bit funny with the fingers

but easily done

cheers

Moley-UK said:
Hi,

Thanks

Its fiddly work, alot of surface mount components and careful soldering/desoldering. Best off to either leave it as it is or buy a new pre-modded one from something like linux@dbox2 store online. They come at a price tho.

Liam

Cool, well I'll have a look, I've got plenty of experience doing surface mount work, as its part of my job, and I've done alot of fine pitch surface mount soldering :)

Shall let you know how I get on If I end up changing the colour

Moley-UK said:
Cool, well I'll have a look, I've got plenty of experience doing surface mount work, as its part of my job, and I've done alot of fine pitch surface mount soldering :)

Shall let you know how I get on If I end up changing the colour

If you pull it off then I imagine that you'll be getting quite alot of requests on here from people asking you to mod their LCDs lol...

lcd mod

Or maybe mod the display backlight with an 'el' sheet plus inverter plenty colours available!!!

Back