dbox2 ireland

yvry

Inactive User
Reaction score
Can dbox2 work for provider id 5e01 in ireland? Chorus)

I think Chorus is the provider for mmds and mmds means DVB-T.
You need a receiver with a DVB-T tuner, dreambox 500-T for instance.

No is a dvb-c I just confirm, I have a cable decoder and have scan all of them iand i get the channels but all scramble, so if the dbox provider id 5e01 can be put in then is not problem

I thought irish cable was all MMDS? Anyhow, have you tried editing the key files so that provider 5e01 is included?

Provider 5e01 is included in the normal Autoupdate.Key file, but I thought the true cable network is managed from N*L.

That is good news, in ireland you have two types of connecions by chorus the dvb-t and dvb-c if dbox2 provider id au has, is only a question of buying one and testing. but I have never done a dbox2

Mmm dont want to offend so will tred crefully i know all about you firey irish types :Cheers: So if you mean Belfast - Northern Ireland i happen to know someone over there who has a dbox2 fully up and working. But his provider is NTL. Dont really know if that helps. I have heard that another friend of a friend sent 1 dbox2 down to the south but i have not seen the bloke for ages so i dont know how that went on.

mgb said:
Provider 5e01 is included in the normal Autoupdate.Key file, but I thought the true cable network is managed from N*L.
no m8 as you have helped so much with the dreambox 500-t
the ntl is not the same as chorus the 500-t works for chorus you need the 500-c for ntl and is working in dublin and clare ..........but the Provider 5e01 and ntl is included in the Autoupdate.Key and works ok

yvry said there is a true cable network with dvb-c managed by chorus with provider 5e01. I personally don't know.
That you need a receiver with a dvb-c tuner for dvb-c and a receiver with dvb-t tuner for dvb-t is undisputed.

Back