dbox2, eurovox or dreambox

stew1954

Inactive User
Reaction score
Im thinking of getting another box and wonder what you guys think about the eurvox and the dreambox in comparison I know that dbox has been out for years now and surely must be coming past its sell by date or maybe you think otherwise. Anyway you comments would be appreciated.

:Cheers:

The best choices would be the dbox2 and the dreambox.

The dbox2 is old but has sooo much support for it its unbelievable.
The dreambox is simply the "newer dbox2" is you like, but the support
for it is very limited.

The eurovox is OK, but the prices are pretty much the same as the dbox2,
in which case you'd be better off with a dbox2 (no offence to eurovox
users out there)

Liam

the dbox is about 7yrs old and you take your chance when you buy one,some have freezing issues,some have sticking channels, some crash, some churp and some come with lines down the lcd or missing the front flap, i dont think i have come acroos a perfect dbox image. i find that the dbox needs a strong signal to get all the channels, dont get me wrong the dbox is good if you want a multi fuction system, i have 3 in my house but all they are used for is watch tv.
i got my eurovox 3weeks ago and the only problem i had was when the keys would not auto update. i have a perfect picture on all channels with only 70% signal strength. the software was easy to install, channel scanning was easy and it has 3 games installed on it. another bonus is you can use the normal Rf as well as the scart to watch tv.
at the end of the day if you want a box just to be able to watch the cable channels go for the eurovox, if you want anything else on it then go for the dbox

hang on to your money for a little while longer...wait for a full tested review of the replay box then you could make up your mind. from what im hearing it might just be the next dbox or better.

if you ask me my bet would always go for a dbox2 as the support is out of this world

dreambox yes very good machine and if you feel confident and have knowledge then the dreambox is better as they are newer

but the choice is yours

if your a newbie and not very confident about what you are doing then always stay with dbox until your confidence and knowledge grows

i cant say fairer then that really

cheers

Back