dbox2 and teleport?

totalguy

Inactive User
Reaction score
i heard that teleport dosent currently work on the dbox2 and the old front row (not sure what its called now) dosent work either, i was wondering as i was told by a guy on ebay people are working on a way to get these services to work and just wanted to see if any progress has been made

TIA

We can sort of watch teleport on a dbox; but we can only watch what other people have ordered - we cant order movies, etc ourselves.

It will never get any better than this; because the dbox does not have talkback.

ok thanks for reply, not really bothered but just wondering what had been done so far.

i see on ebay sometimes a filter that you plug in the back of your box to stop signals going out over a certain frequency hence on a standard cable box you get free ppv like that i take it that wont work on the dbox then?

Nope, wont work on a DBOX2. Actually, it wont work on a normal pace box anymore either. Having the filter on the back is just the same as having talkback cut - except the filter doesnt ALWAYS work; so sometimes you are charged.

I was considering buying a DBox2 just about the time teleport started to appear and front row disappear (South Lanarkshire). I decided to hold fire as I had no idea what long term impact this would have on what would be available to view in the coming months and beyond.
I've come to realise there are a lot of very Knowledgable and skillful guys on this site.
Can any of you give me your opinion on what the future holds?
What other channels are likely to disappear over the next year, if any?
My main viewing choices would be football and films.

Should I still purchase one?

Thanks in advance.:Cheers:

Last edited:
In all honestly and reality, the cables companies cannot afford to make EVERY channel teleport/vod. If you're going to buy any sort of cable box, then it should be the DBOX - there are several reasons for this but I dont really want to go into them in detail. The main reason is that the dbox does not use a card; so there is hardly anything for the cable companies to target.

Basically the channels are there and they'll still be there for a long time to come. You should definately consider buying either a dbox or a dreambox... as I guarantee that they will outlast the existing pace and samsung boxes, as well as the FTA101s and Eurovoxs :)

Liam

who really knows mate ,but the for the price of a box being the equivelent to around about 2 and a half months rental for the full package gotta be worth the risk or even try the dreambox at around 130 quid. ive more than had my moneys worth since march.

Cheers guys much appreciated. I'll go ahead then, but may have to wait and see how much damage christmas causes to the finances first.

Christmas list:
Dbox2
New Dishwasher
New PC (Will probably have build it myself to keep cost down)

That's before I even start to accomodate; the wife (She'd kill me if I tried to pass off the dishwasher as hers), kids, 5 brothers, 2 sisters and my mother. Thank F**k I don't have a cat and dog. LOL

Should'nt grumble. I woke this morning alive and well.:Cheers:

Last edited:
ok is NTL HELLS VOD same as telport or is full VOD

ie can you catch stream others have ordered on ntl.

if so dose anyone one have a scan of the VOD streams for ntl of seen one for telwest but not ntl.

some interesting info, thanks guys!

i havent got my box yet, but before i bought it i did look thoroughly into it because im weary of these things i mean i downloaded a pdf file on how to get al lthe channels on the standard pace boxes but it was too much hastle you need specific boxes or it wont work and you need specific cards to hack it was just to omuch hastle and when i heard that you dont need a card on the dbox and it could all be done by software via ftp i thought that sounds ideal as im a dab hand at a few things on the pc so i shouldnt have much of a problem.

should get the box early next week so hopefully i can figure it out and if i need any help ive got this forum to look at :)

it prity easy m8

it as simple as networking it to pc flashing the IMAGE to box
and then scaning for the channels.

a monkey could do it m8.
you wont have any reall problems.

Back