DBox

antwigan

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi,

I just purchased a dbox, and im told its for sky.
Im a complete noewb at this and was wondering where to start. It looks like images are already on but not sure how to get up and running, any help would be appreciated.

Could someone also tell me how and what i would need to get images on this if i need to?

Last edited:
Hopefully you have a dbox2. It isn't for sky either. For Cable providers e.g. Telewest, NTL or now known as Virgin...

You are in the wrong forum. All info is in the DBOX forum.

Search and you will find what you are looking for. It is all there.

:ASSFLASH:

if its got a image on you need to do a scan to get channels

If there is an image on the box then the channels should hopefully be there!!!
Who ever flashed the box should have done that. You can do a service scan or reflash the box.

All info to do any of the above is in the dbox forum. search and you will find

Hopefully you have a dbox2. It isn't for sky either. For Cable providers e.g. Telewest, NTL or now known as Virgin...

You are in the wrong forum. All info is in the DBOX forum.

Search and you will find what you are looking for. It is all there.

:ASSFLASH:

There are two versions of the Dbox, one for Sat and the other for Cable. If you have a satellite one then it can be used for Sky and other satellites.

Yes its the dbox for sky,

It just keeps saying no signal, and doesnt find any channels, just says something like "invalid reprograming"

I think it has dvb 2000

a d box wont allow you to watch sly channels unless you get into card sharing which is a discusiion most forums wont allow so im not going there. What it will allow you to do is watch the many foreign channels on other sats like hotbird, astra1 etc. This will give you access to loads of prem footy and films. What you need is to find an image usually enigma for sat and flash your box. Then it will decrypt lots of channels for you. Obviously you need a decent sized sat pointed at one of the other sattelites other than astra2 which is sky. hope this helps

a dbox is nothing to do with sky and nothing to do with technomate either. If its a satellite receiver then this thread can go into european general satellite chat, so moved here.

Just a note i see a mention of dvb2000 ! if so you have a dbox1 and this is gonna be pretty useless i think, so more details like does it have a push in cable connecter or a srew on 1 like all satilite boxes this would help us help you a lot more my friend.

Back