Dbox - Xbox Streaming`

drothwell

Inactive User
Reaction score
Anybody know a good site (in english) that tell you how to sort this. - Or managed to get it to work themselves. I downloaded and installed the plugin for the Dbox and the xbox from the german site - I can now change channels via my xbox - but can't open a stream sucessfully. -

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Dave

i have tried doing it mate but only had a few support as there wasnt soo much tools availbe for us on xbox.

but it would be nice having 200gig storage

get an image that works with wingrabtv (test it on ur PC first).

Once that's working, create a .strm file with the URL to the stream in it, and play it from within XBMC on the xbox. works a charm. (in otherwords, stream from wingrabtv to xbox instead of VLC locally).

Thanks for the advice - I knew about the pc way - But I am trying to get it to work without a pc involved - I'm on the verge of cracking it - Was hoping there was someone out there I could talk to who had sucess!

Cheers All

I managed to get the xbmc scripts running ok but I found out you have to switch spts on . in the settings of the dbox and then it will stream ok

I have SPTS switched on! - What broadcasting port settings did you use? Did you edit the files you copied onto you dbox? What Image you using on you dbox? Also you using a router?

Cheers bazzaho1

drothwell said:
I have SPTS switched on! - What broadcasting port settings did you use? Did you edit the files you copied onto you dbox? What Image you using on you dbox? Also you using a router?

Cheers bazzaho1

Yep I am using a router
I am using cryo sporster pro ultra image

I have set in misc settings load spts at boot

On the xbox I left the port settings at their defaults but set the ip and the correct user name and password for the dbox. AFAIK the server on the xbox is just for recording so I have no setup the record server stuff on the xbox yet but streaming is working fine with the epg etc I just select stream on the xbox and it takes about 10 secs caching then displays the video fine

The only thing I have not managed to do yet is to initate recording from the dbox record menu but I can record from the xbox xbmc.

Last edited:
I found this pdf document on how to setup xbox - dbox connection unfortunatly I can't understand german so if some nice person who can read german can make some sense out of this great.

From my own tutorial over at Unlocker-forums:

Finally Cally done it again !!

xbts_msg.gif

xbts_help.gif

xbts_config1.gif

db2tv_main1.gif

Latest Version online now !! One of the Files is for the dreambox the other for the Dbox.

within xboxts.conf change for English !

Please also set the right IP !!

# language ( 0 = german / 1 = english )

language=0

Have fun !

db2tv_server1.gif

db2tv_settings1.gif

have installed it into the right folders..

Config File into /var/tuxbox/config and the rest into /var/tuxbox/plugins

Other files on XBOX into XBMC/Scripts
The started the autoexec.py (or what the name was ) once and then went into the TV Folder and started the Application.

1st you will need to configure the Software and make sure you have set the IP of the Box within the config menu and also set the IP of the XBOX within the conf file on the DBOX. SPTS must be activated !!!

Then you need to download the services within the Cally software, restart box or software and off you go.

I have tried it on Sat Image with different Stations that use Emu's or not and it works perfect via my 11Mbit wireless Bridge connected to the dbox and the XBox in the Bedroom upstairs is fixed wired.

http://www.unlocker-forums.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=6513

http://www.unlocker-forums.co.uk/attachment.php?
attachmentid=6514

http://www.unlocker-forums.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=6515

Last edited:
Thanks

Yo thanks for all your help!

I am please to report that this morning we have lift off! I am streaming direct through Xbox media centre - god I love this programme!

Next stage is to get a massive hard disk for my xbox and I will have the ulimate home made tivo!

I found I solved the problem by downloading a new version of XBMC and reinstalling the scripts!

If anyone wants help let me know!

Dave

I love xbmc too, its a fantastic program and im really tempted to tie it into the dbox, but im curious about a couple of things.

Can you pause live TV with this script?
Do you lose any quality when streaming it?

Cheers

The Ssream is TS that get's received from your povider and there are no quality loses via Playback.

You could try streaming onto the HDD of the XBox and then playing the stream via XBMC.

Cally wrote a plugin that enables you to control the XBox. It must be somewhere around here.

EDIT: http://world-of-digital.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62900

Last edited:
Got it from a link in pt-1's help file. Thank's mate. Its too big to post as an attachment here. Grab his file from the downloads section and search for the xbox section. There's a link in there to the v0.10pre6.

There are so many things in there.....;-)

Back