DBOX Stuck on Kein System.. Want to watch the Match tonight!!

djc_dboxer

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I do not normally post on the forum as I normally find all the information I need. However no I am at my whits end...

I tried to flash lacky pro last night and it crashed my box.. Its the first time Ive FTPed an image that failed and noe I cannot get any tv and the LCD screen displays Kern System with other numbers and characters..

Ive took half day off work to try and this sorted by following the guides and posts regarding IFA...

Im using a crossover cable and no matter how much I try with IFA v3 it does not seem to do anything..

I believe ive exhausted all the posts about this and have followed the instructions exact.. Turned off Firewalls, AVirus, set a static IP, Half Duplex and killed some SVCHOST process... Renamed image files etc..

Can someone please help me, as I think I going around in circles here?

I currently have an XP laptop, dbox2 x2 and trying to flash andromeda, lacy pro and blade images ?

Please tell me ive mised something? Also as networking is not my strong point is there a way I can tell if my laptop is networked to the dbox, as I do not know what IP to ping?

One other thing I have noticed is that in my network connections it says "network cable unplugged" when running IFA, therfore suggesting somethings wrong with my connection?

Thanks once again and hopefully I can get this sorted before Chelseas victory tonight

you might have flashed the wrong image? x1 or x2

Hi thanks for the quick replys!!

its a Nokia X2 for sure and I tried to flash All New Laky-pro-1.. So the 1 problay suggests it was for the X1 chipset..

Any advise on what I can do, futher to my nightmare today?

Thats version 1 i think. If its refusing to work, flash another image and apply the romfix? Im still using Sportster 2 as i havnt got around putting anything else on. Romfix works a treat.

sounds like you're gonna have to do it the hard way, takes about 40 minutes in total but it WILL work.
Search the downloads section under tools and gudes for the following "How to Flash a Dbox with only a Serial Cable" read it VERY carefully. I know this works...... I had Kein system last night and could not FTP into the box or use IFA so I used this method and good ol windows hypeterminal (oh and you'll need a serial null modem cable)
GOOD LUCK!!

Hiya, my problem is that I cant flash any image, as IFA just doesnt do anything.. It just sits there once I turn the box on. Also cant get any FTP access to it either?

Hi thanks for the quick replys!!

its a Nokia X2 for sure and I tried to flash All New Laky-pro-1.. So the 1 problay suggests it was for the X1 chipset..

Any advise on what I can do, futher to my nightmare today?

the img will say x2 or x1 u must have flashed the wrong 1. network unplugged is a bad sign it's this i think u ought to try and resolve. i use ifa and don't change anything but turn off av.....firewall asks for permission to allow ifa to access the network and i allow. but i use a router and straight thru cable...no changing to 10 Mbs/ half duplex etc.

View attachment 40484

try this version, never failed for me

hope u get it fixed but if not i'll let u know when gerrard scores

ps never used a serial cable

Last edited:
Cheers I think I am going to pop to pc world to get the null modem cable, silly question but what do they look like?

the img will say x2 or x1 u must have flashed the wrong 1. network unplugged is a bad sign it's this i think u ought to try and resolve. i use ifa and don't change anything but turn off av.....firewall asks for permission to allow ifa to access the network and i allow. but i use a router and straight thru cable...no changing to 10 Mbs/ half duplex etc.

View attachment 40484

try this version, never failed for me

ps never used a seril cable

Cheers, Ill try this version as the other versions in the DL section dont unzip correctly.. Will do this now..

Have dbox powered ON when you start IFA
Make sure you point IFA to the correct image on PC
Check X the other boxes that apply
Press OK to start IFA
Switch dbox OFF at mains
Click OK on next IFA box
You should see a blank console screen
Switch dbox power ON
Pray

This assumes Null-modem serial cable to genuine Com port, and Ethernet cross-over cable are connected.

If this isn't the case- get down the pub sharpish to watch the match, m8!

Cheers- AL

Ok, I think Ive found the root cause...

I installed the IFA you posted and this version gives me a log window!! Errors in the log include...

1) could not ping dbox
2) Couldn't connect to DBOX! (Timeout..?)

other info is

***Adapter Desc: Broadcom NetXtreme 57xx Gigabit Controller (via IpHlpApi #0)
***MAC address: 00:15:C5:0B:1B:B2 Local IP: 192.168.1.201
***BootP server started... Port 67
***TFTP server started... Port 69

Therfore I have a connection problem... Is there anything else that you could suggest to make sure Im set up ok... In Network connections on laptop still say "cable unplugged"..

Ive turned off firewalls, antivirus etc... and my static ip is 192.168.1.201 SNM 255.255.255.0

Any ideas chaps..

BTW.. thnaks for the quick responses!! I really appreciate it

the network lead you're using - is it a standard network patch cable OR a cross over patch cable?

if you're connecting your dbox network card straight to your PC network card you'll need a CROSS OVER lead.

Ok, I think Ive found the root cause...

I installed the IFA you posted and this version gives me a log window!! Errors in the log include...

1) could not ping dbox
2) Couldn't connect to DBOX! (Timeout..?)

other info is

***Adapter Desc: Broadcom NetXtreme 57xx Gigabit Controller (via IpHlpApi #0)
***MAC address: 00:15:C5:0B:1B:B2 Local IP: 192.168.1.201
***BootP server started... Port 67
***TFTP server started... Port 69

Therfore I have a connection problem... Is there anything else that you could suggest to make sure Im set up ok... In Network connections on laptop still say "cable unplugged"..

Ive turned off firewalls, antivirus etc... and my static ip is 192.168.1.201 SNM 255.255.255.0

Any ideas chaps..

BTW.. thnaks for the quick responses!! I really appreciate it

my ip address is set to dynamic - i know everyone says it should be set to static but worth a try , there seems to be some confict

Hi guys!! THANKYOU ! and I am now able to watch Chelsea win in the second half! ;-)

Fot information there were two problems....

1) The latest version of IFA didnt work! and the one posted here gave a log file
2) I had the wrong network cable.. I went to PC world and got a crossover patch cable, plugged it in and hey presto my network connection changed to "Connected" instead of "cable unplugged"!!

Now going to install the CORRECT version image lol

Thanks very much everyone!

Back