DBox stopped outputting sound

TinUK

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi,

My dbox stopped making sounds overnight. Tried the other scart socket, another lead, audio settings, another image and even touched up the solder joints on the main board. The optical out is lit up, but I have no equipment to hook up to it. Also nothing out of the phonos.
Is there something I have missed? I reckon some kind of magic sound chip on the board is dodgy, but i'm no expert. you guys are though ;)
Its NOT muted, hehe.

Searching found no solutions, and only 1 other similar problem.
My dreambox works fine on the same feed also.
Cheers,

Tin.

*edit* its a nokia 2x currently with njl:world 3 - nice image.

Last edited:
Mine does the same sometimes, although changing the channel usually sorts it out.

i presume u checked the scart?!

Hi,

My dbox stopped making sounds overnight. Tried the other scart socket, another lead, audio settings, another image and even touched up the solder joints on the main board. The optical out is lit up, but I have no equipment to hook up to it. Also nothing out of the phonos.
Is there something I have missed? I reckon some kind of magic sound chip on the board is dodgy, but i'm no expert. you guys are though ;)
Its NOT muted, hehe.

Searching found no solutions, and only 1 other similar problem.
My dreambox works fine on the same feed also.
Cheers,

Tin.

*edit* its a nokia 2x currently with njl:world 3 - nice image.
Check PT-1's help file look under hardware for nokia sound issue's
It might be one of them,check for dry solder joints.

Thanks, fergalsworld.

I missed that tiny section in PT-1s helpfile. I reckon thats right on the money. Glad the digi out and streaming still work, as I can get a cheap amp to hook up to, and my xbox in the bedroom still works fine.
I dont have the equipment, or know anyone with the equipment to replace a qfp on the pcb, so I'll live with it.

Thanks again.

Tin.

Back