DBox - problem with flashing

voy2001

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi
Can anyone help with this problem?
I have an old samsung dbox I bought from ebay a while ago, the problem is that I've never been able to flash an image onto the box. When I try with IFA the process seems to work ok but when I reboot the dbox the old image is still in place.
My brother is bugging me to get him a box and if I can get this one working it would be a big help.

I think you probably mean you have a sagem box, anyway are you using a crossover cable (and null modem) cable? It has to be a crossover cable and not a standard network / patch cable.

I think you probably mean you have a sagem box, anyway are you using a crossover cable (and null modem) cable? It has to be a crossover cable and not a standard network / patch cable.
what wire do i use when going from a dbox to a router... think ive been using a straight, but i cant tell :S

If you are linking a dbox directly to a laptop or pc then you need a crossover cable. If you link through a hub/switch/router then you must use a straight network cable. A straight cable is the norm in networking world.

Oh, if you find the original image is still on the box after ifa then ifa did not work. If the box is functional then use something like image2dbox software, it is a lot easier other wise use the ifa software.

you can get the image2dbox software at http://dublindbox.4shared.com/

You can also get some images for the dublin area based on commando 7.5 update at this page. these can be changed easily

what wire do i use when going from a dbox to a router... think ive been using a straight, but i cant tell :S

To tell difference hold the ends next to each other pointing in the same direction.
Both ends look exactly the same on a standard cable. On a cross over the colours
are in a different order..

Alternatively look for the word cross-over on the sleeve :)

My dbox2 only has keine system as a provider option. I have been reading the forms. I take it I can only use the IFA program to get a new image flashed to the box ?

Thanks

My dbox2 only has keine system as a provider option. I have been reading the forms. I take it I can only use the IFA program to get a new image flashed to the box ?

Thanks

Yup. There are probably other ways but IFA is the simplest. You can use a cross over, I suspect you can just a normal cable and a router/switch as long as you make sure all DHCP servers are switched off on your router/switch. That might save you a trip to Maplin :)

Thanks ydrol. I already have a crossover cable and a null modem cable. So fingers crossed I can get it to work.

Whats the best image to get for it. it's a nokia Dbox2 . And is there somewhere I can download a stable image for it

We have a Download Section here but you will need 20 posts before you can download/upload anything or post in the cable sections. You can still read and browse posts in the cable rooms but you need 20 posts before you can start your own topic or reply to an existing one.

Thanks for the reply devilfish. I don't want to spam your forum to get to 20 posts so i'll try downloading one of dublindboxs images . Hopefully this will work

Devilfish.

If I was to donate to your server costs would I get access to the download section or would I still have to hit the 20 post mark first ????

Although you are not forced to donate, you can donate if you want to.

http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/forums/payments.php

We would rather members participated on the board and joined in with the rest of the community rather than donate, make a few downloads and never post.

But...yes. If you donate, you will get instant access to the downloads and cable sections. A donated member has the same access as a member with 150 posts.

Thanks devilfish. Don't worry i'm not planning on leeching from this excellent site. It's the best one I have found . Very helpful and full of info.

Whats the best image to get for it. it's a nokia Dbox2 . And is there somewhere I can download a stable image for it

Sporter is good, and of course Digital Worlds :). Some of the newer images dont seem to scan as good as the older ones for some reason. So you may need to either get a services.xml for your area or load an older one first.

But try a new one first..

Not sure if I can post url here. I havent been over all the rules. I'll PM you :)

All,

Many thanks to anyone that helped me out . i have sucessfully and first time flashed a new image to my mates dbox2.

Happy Days

Keep up the great work

Back