Dbox not starting after image loaded

nickb

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have just downloaded commando-7.5_x2 image to update my dbox.

I have uploaded images lots of times and used IFA to upload across the network which always has worked for me. Now the box turns on, does its normal startup screen on the lcd and then stop on 'loading kernel' on the Team commando screen.

Help !!!! What should I do?

I dont know what the IP address is of it as have just changed the image, does anyone know the default IP address on this image?

If I do get the IP address will it be possible at this stage of boot to upload another image?

If not is there a guide or thread on how to fix this. I want to try across the network port as wont have a serial cable till next week.

PLEASE HELP !!!!

I have tried using IFA across network but not finding unit.

Guess if this is the only way I'm going to need to find myself a serial cable, does it need to be a null modem cable or standard?

Guess if this is the only way I'm going to need to find myself a serial cable, does it need to be a null modem cable or standard?

i don't use any serial cable when using ifa though i do have a null modem cable just in case, never used it, and u don't have to know the ip address of the box just make sure you are using the correct network adapter in ifa and av and firewalls are off and u should be able to reflash...

make sure ip address is se to static in ur pc network settings...

cheers

Last edited:

needs to be a null modem cable m8 something like this one:

Null Modem cable from fleebay

i could never get IFA to pick up with just crossover cable but with the null modem it worked first time :)

q2

i think the address for comm 7.5 are:

address 192.168.150.5
broadcast 192.168.150.255
gateway 192.168.150.1
netmask 255.255.255.0

try a a ping from ur computer using the cmd prompt or type ia arp -a to see if it sees ur box.

another method is to use bootmanager and a yadd image and remotely boot ur box from ur pc.

hope this helps

cheers

Back