Dbox not in Dbug

mdevine72

Inactive User
Reaction score
In the processing of ordering some boxes for a couple of mates, however the guy i normally get them from has them only in original mode - not debugged. I could wait a couple of weeks though if it is possible to do it myself i would like to give it a go.

Has anyone ever attempted it? How tricky is it?

mdevine72 said:
In the processing of ordering some boxes for a couple of mates, however the guy i normally get them from has them only in original mode - not debugged. I could wait a couple of weeks though if it is possible to do it myself i would like to give it a go.

Has anyone ever attempted it? How tricky is it?

to be honest i have never done it before m8 but this should help you m8

have a look and see and let us know how you got on m8

http://www.world-of-digital.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48309

cheers

Sagem dboxes are very easy - probably easier to put them into debug mode than it is to flash an image to them!

Nokia boxes I havent had any experience of; but I know that some of them can be a pain. Apparently they're easy once you've done a few.

i did a nokia and it was a complete pain to do i nearly fried myself the first time the second i touched the wrong one (it gives a little kick you know ouch)but i went through stemcells tut and managed to do it

Cheers Liam that looks alright m8, these boxes are original dboxes no linux - sorry for the stupid question but if the boxes are originial there will be no linux on it (i assume) therefore is this part of the debugging process? I've read the tutorial and it looks okay, but this is new territory for me.

Thanks for the help

The original dboxes have "premiere" software on them; which basically ISNT linux. What you do is short circuit some points on the motherboard, which disable the write protection on the flash chips and change a few memory registers.

Once the write protection is removed from the flash chips, all you do is flash a new image to the box via IFA (Image Flashing Assistant). The new image replaces the "premiere" software; and then your box is done :)

Hope that makes sense
Liam

Suppose it helps when you know what your doing, sticking wires into electrical equipment doesnt sound clever

That sounds alright, think i might give it a try. Will email this guy in germany to see if he'll drop the prices due to the chew on i'll have.

Thanks Liam

liamcrayden said:
The original dboxes have "premiere" software on them; which basically ISNT linux. What you do is short circuit some points on the motherboard, which disable the write protection on the flash chips and change a few memory registers.

Once the write protection is removed from the flash chips, all you do is flash a new image to the box via IFA (Image Flashing Assistant). The new image replaces the "premiere" software; and then your box is done :)

Hope that makes sense
Liam

The bootloader with the option debug disabled boot up only software with a correct signed check sum. The rsa keys for calculating such a check sum are not known. Only with the option debug enabled the bootloader boot up every software.
The option for switch on that debug mode is inside the bootloader software. The bootloader part on the flash is covered with a write protection. Before someone can change that option the write protection must be switched off.

hi
just done my third nokia bmon 1.0 today and it took about 15 mins. lst time it took like 6 hours. the piece on tutorial that confused me was when you have reset flashing. from here i let it flash reset a few times and then pressed the up button. when the numbers come up i put wire onto flash point and waited for the 5 blocks to come up. when 5 blocks came up i held wire on flash reset for maybe 3 -5 secs and blocks remained stable and then let go.

for what its worth its much easier to gain access to flash point with dbox turned upside down and mark where flash point hole is( lst time i removed cover and it was so much more fiddly). also i attached the wire with a bit of tape to a fine jewellery type screwdriver and was able to feel the flash point much easier.....hope this helps any

Back