dbox not booting - after flash ?

markh

Inactive User
Reaction score
have a new nokia dbox from germany, flashed it with the new image with ppv.

but it wont boot .. just stuck on the LED screen showing mem / config etc ??

any ideas

Does it say "kein system" at the bottom of the LCD screen?

Based on posts i've seen it's a known problem. Check the first sticky in the forum and look at the Image Assistant tutorial. I think you need to re-flash with the correct image type. Picked this info up from posts already out there.

Good luck.

RedEyeSniper said:
Based on posts i've seen it's a known problem. Check the first sticky in the forum and look at the Image Assistant tutorial. I think you need to re-flash with the correct image type. Picked this info up from posts already out there.

Good luck.

Spot on.

Basically you flashed a 1x image to a 2x box, or vice versa. You now need to use IFA (Image Flashing Assistant) to re-flash a new image to the box.

Liam.

liamcrayden said:
Spot on.

Basically you flashed a 1x image to a 2x box, or vice versa. You now need to use IFA (Image Flashing Assistant) to re-flash a new image to the box.

Liam.
i used the "nextgen19.11.05 2x image" and its a 2xIntel box ??

is that what i should have used ??

well it appears if what you say is correct then that should have worked fine mate but if could have been a bad flash..like the guys say use the IFA tut and that should solve it if the flash brings up the same error then flash it with a 1x image you may have the intel wrong.

Sounds ok to me. Altough i'm new to this scene. Try another image via the ifa. It's a know issue and so you should be able to resolve, give ifa a go.

tried as suggested in the "Image Assistant tutorial" program & instructions.... but doesnt come up "flashing"

what next ??????????????

markh said:
tried as suggested in the "Image Assistant tutorial" program & instructions.... but doesnt come up "flashing"

what next ??????????????

IFA will eventually kick in - you just have to keep trying. It never comes up on first go. Once you have been told to turn the box on, do it. If it doesnt kick in straight away, then keep pulling the plug out until the box displays the word "FLASHING" on the LCD.

You will need to turn off all your firewalls and antivirus software; and you MUST have a static IP assigned to your network card.

Dont give up :)
Liam

Also set you network card to 10baseT_halfduplex
also post anything that comes up in the com window.
Hope this helps.

have tried many many ......times still not flashing ....

i can see that some packets being send down the cable (vey slowly)
nothing being shown in the com window...

any ideas ????????

You have to use a real null modem cable to get messages.

Did you get ifa to work? I've still not managed to get it workin.

I set the NIC to 10/Half Duplex, followed the instruction...nothing! I still get 'Lade...' followed by a blank LCD screen.

Make sure the following are correct.

You're using a crossover ethernet cable...not a standard ethernet cable.
All firewalls, i.e. Norton & windows firewall is furned off.
Exit out from your antivirus altogether if you have to.
The dbox is completely turned off (plug out) before you hit ok.
Hit OK then put plug in.
(if using windows SP2, you might have to click UNBLOCK before turning box on)
A null modem cable is required to get comms in the output window but it's not essential for flashing.
Make sure the correct network card is selected in the options and that the network card has a static IP address, i.e. 192.168.1.1

If you use a null modem cable and connect it to com1 on your PC, you should get a log of what's happening. Post that log here and it'll give us more information about what's happening.

@markh do eveything devilfish says and as mgb said make sure it is a real serial null modem cable. if you cant get it to work try usinf ifa2.0 available here
http://www.world-of-digital.com/forums/showthread.php?p=408723#post408723
this is in german but very easy to use. the first box is for the image you want to load, the second is to choose your network card and the third is to use a null modem cable and which port. very easy. but the diff is with this it tells you everything that its doing on the lcd. and if it works should gflash up hallenberg on the lcd starightaway

devilfish said:
Make sure the following are correct.

You're using a crossover ethernet cable...not a standard ethernet cable.
All firewalls, i.e. Norton & windows firewall is furned off.
Exit out from your antivirus altogether if you have to.
The dbox is completely turned off (plug out) before you hit ok.
Hit OK then put plug in.
(if using windows SP2, you might have to click UNBLOCK before turning box on)
A null modem cable is required to get comms in the output window but it's not essential for flashing.
Make sure the correct network card is selected in the options and that the network card has a static IP address, i.e. 192.168.1.1

If you use a null modem cable and connect it to com1 on your PC, you should get a log of what's happening. Post that log here and it'll give us more information about what's happening.
thanks for all the help but still not gettint any closer ....

have all the correct config etc ... i'm going to get hold of a cable tomorrow see if its any different ...

whats "(if using windows SP2, you might have to click UNBLOCK before turning box on)" as i'm using SP2 ....??

the unblock means unblocking the firewall if you get a pop up.
as for the mediasensing patch the first time you load ifa that turns off the mediasensing for you so no need to do that

Back