DboX In need of repair!!

Misery

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hello all i have a Sagem Dbox 1x that i got given me. Probably cause its not working fully so here are my problems!.

1) When i have scanned for channels i get Error no channel availiable now i have gone through every possiblity bruteforce etc and even different images! but to yet no avail im putting this down to a faulty tuner cause the signals coming into my house are sound (ive got a friend at NTHell that likes tweaking! heheh so all i need to do is replace that!!?
Anyone got one that they dont wont?

2) The LCD doesnt light up? the text is displayed debug screen,booting animation,and finally the channel name etc but no light?
Now i have noticed tha on sagems there are some white fuse type looking components and one is brown ? is it this one that needs replacing?
I have compared it to my other working sagems and they are all coloured white
i think that must be the fault.
so how do i go about replacing this i have no spares and am not sure if that would be the problem.

Just looking for a bit of advice really cause my brain is fried and i dont want to knacker the box if it can be fixed easily!.

The box flashs ok no problems takes my services and bouquets no problem through FTP but then no channels again.

So people what is my best course of action now!?

:Cheers:

If the box is booting up, and it must be if you are scanning for channels then it is not a fuse whats gone,the only fuse that i am aware of is in the power suply area.
And it is clearly getting power.

I would suggest pulling the LCD ribbon cable from the main board, and then reinserting it to see if that makes a difference. Inspect the cable for damage also.

And if you suspect that something is blown, it wont hurt to replace it. Something as small as that can only cost a couple of pence, maximum a quid.

Also sounds like you have a faulty tuner, to replace it you will need to do alot of soldering and de-soldering, and it can be quite a hard job.

Liam.

Yeah i tried replacing the lcd with anothr one i have got spare that definately works and its the same no light LMAO !!
just wanted to see if anyone else had this experience to make sure before i go "sticking the the soldering iron in!" like i said i dont want to bugger the rest of the box if its a simple repair job.
DOes anyone know what the "little white things" next to the lcd ribbon connectio are ? i dont really want to walk into maplins or the like with my dbox that would just be plain stupid...

Also could anyone recommend the best tools for removing a tuner? i know a soldering iron! but is there anything else that could help me do a clean job?

Back