Dbox Help Needed!!!!!!!!!!!

jamie.martin7

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have n*l 1meg broadband, i have connected my dbox2 to my feed and scanned for channels, which only brought up a certain few (no sly sports, movies or front row) but when i plugged my box into someone elses feed who subscribes to n*l digital tv i got all channels. We put this down to my signal strength and have just got off the phone from n*l who say i cannot recieve digital TV in my area. My question is, if i subscribe to the analogue tv service will it work with my dbox the same as digital tv or will i still have this same problem with low signal strength. Is the signal for the analogue tv higher than that needed for broadband and so by me subscribing to analogue will allow me to recieve all the channels on my dbox.
Sorry for this long post, i just keep getting held back from the full potential of my dbox and it is really frustrating.

jamie.martin7 said:
I have n*l 1meg broadband, i have connected my dbox2 to my feed and scanned for channels, which only brought up a certain few (no sly sports, movies or front row) but when i plugged my box into someone elses feed who subscribes to n*l digital tv i got all channels. We put this down to my signal strength and have just got off the phone from n*l who say i cannot recieve digital TV in my area. My question is, if i subscribe to the analogue tv service will it work with my dbox the same as digital tv or will i still have this same problem with low signal strength. Is the signal for the analogue tv higher than that needed for broadband and so by me subscribing to analogue will allow me to recieve all the channels on my dbox.
Sorry for this long post, i just keep getting held back from the full potential of my dbox and it is really frustrating.

well it sounds like you need a booster press red then blue you should get a screen ber/ snr/ sig what are the levels in there m8

cheers

Ber 10-50
Snr 61000-63000
Sig 42405-42662

what is the norm for these readings
regards

jamie.martin7 said:
Ber 10-50
Snr 61000-63000
Sig 42405-42662

what is the norm for these readings
regards

thats about normal cant see a problem there

so it it just the movies and sports is ukgold and ukdrama sky one sky news working

uk gold is deffinately working and i get sky two but not sky one and i am not sure about the rest

have you heard many ppl not being able to run a dbox from a analogue tv signal

Try and get the services.xml and bouquets.xml from your mates dbox and copy them to your box.

hes not running a dbox, he has a chipped cable box however i still have the files from the scan i did on his feed and all the extra channels i recieved are not available

jamie.martin7 said:
uk gold is deffinately working and i get sky two but not sky one and i am not sure about the rest

have you heard many ppl not being able to run a dbox from a analogue tv signal

thats probably what it is my dad has analouge but he got a letter from cable saying that he can upgrade so i got him a dbox and works perfect

but for you if you cant get a digital signal then you will probably get all the channels thats on the analogue box but some of the sports should work though

cheers

Yeh, you won't get any Movies or Premium Sports channels but as Gav says, you should get Sky1 and the UKTV channels, etc.

Thank you for all your help guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Q on second page >>>>>>

Last edited:
Is it for deffo that i will not get any sly sports, movies or front row because i need to subscribe to the tv and want to know if it is worth it
U guys are dimond gizza's

jamie.martin7 said:
Is it for deffo that i will not get any sly sports, movies or front row because i need to subscribe to the tv and want to know if it is worth it
U guys are dimond gizza's

the thing is if you are not in a digi area the best digi to get will be sky m8 and you can take that to the bank

lol

cheers

yeh but i am to stingy to pay for the whole packages
thanx for all your help dude

Back