Dbox flash problem (ifa) cannot connect to dbox.

wakkaday

Inactive User
Reaction score
hey guys, i have searched few various threads for the last four hours and still have no luck in fixing my dbox.

its stuck on the loading kernel screen....and no picture shows on tv, so cannot access any menu settings. i have tried ftp, but it cannot connect to the dbox either

i have tried loads of different versions of ifa to flash a new image. my computer is running vista and i have tried the latest ifa, but it still does not work.

i have done the following steps

"Turn off windows firewall
Disable wireless network connection

Rename image file mtd3.img and store it in C:\

set Local Area Connection network IP to 192.168.0.201
( IFA automatically sets dbox IP to 192.168.0.202 )
configure Local Area Connection link speed / duplex mode to 10Mbps / half duplex

open IFA
select image for flashing ( mtd3.img from C:\ )
select network device ( there should only be one available )
switch dbox on
press start
a dialogue box pops up
switch dbox off
click ok
switch box on
flashing should begin
progress is indicated on LCD ( IFA image on TV screen )
Fertig and smiley faces on LCD means success
disconnect network
off then on at the mains"

i have tried pinging the dbox, says request timed out...

but it still doesnt work, i dont have a null cable modem.. and am using a cross over cable..i have managed to flash before using ifa, but this time it nothing seems to work...

can anyone advise? or do you think my box may need replacing....

hi m8 i think i read your post, what do you mean by a hub?

ah still cant get it to work, it probably isnt broken...is there anyone i can send it to that can have a look. ill pay for postage and packaging....

should i buy another dbox?

Hi

Are you using the right network cable cos really it should connect fine through you router so Im suspecting your cable.

Regards

ah still cant get it to work, it probably isnt broken...is there anyone i can send it to that can have a look. ill pay for postage and packaging....

should i buy another dbox?

Where abouts are you? Much better if someone close to you can have a look.

I had exact same problem and sorted mine out yesterday. But I used a null odem cable and a cross over cable at same time. The only thing i did different to your list was (ensuring dbox is turned off);
- select network device and click ok,
- pop up message comes up asking you to click OK.
- CLick OK then turn on your dbox - I kept getting stuck at this stage but its all down to the timming.
You need to turn on your dbox a split second after clicking on the OK button.
- The flashing procedure then takes place automatically.

If you follow these steps should def.work. Belive me I kept cussing my mate cos I couldnt get mine to work but after several attempts with the timming of turning the dbox on just after clicking the OK button i got the DBox to flash.

Hope this helps.

gunn99

The notes in post 1 still stand, I know coz they're mine and I've posted them tons of times!!!
The most important thing about these notes are that they are for XP and IFA V2.2 or V2.3.
The method outlined is for use with crossover cable only, however they hold good ( in fact even better ) if a null modem cable is also connected.
Dont give up

i have tried xp, via router and directly from the computer nic card.
however when i do it directly from the xp computer and dbox it shows the status as unplugged, even though i have used both cross over and straight cables.

im gonna go pc world and bu a null modem cable now, i have never had to use one before, but maybe this will fix it...

i have tried xp, via router and directly from the computer nic card.
however when i do it directly from the xp computer and dbox it shows the status as unplugged, even though i have used both cross over and straight cables.

im gonna go pc world and bu a null modem cable now, i have never had to use one before, but maybe this will fix it...

Daft question time. Are you certain your LAN connection is enabled. Start>control panel>network connections>right click on LAN connection >select enable.

Limited or no connectivity when using IFA means Jack Shit coz a connection is only established when IFA assigns the box an IP addy at start up.

yeh its all enabled.....when i try and connect without a router, it shows the cable as being unplugged, however when i do it through a router it will show as connected. i bought the null modem cable...it seems to be reading it, but i keep getting this coming up and repeating itself...

debug: WATCHDOG RESET
debug: BMon V1.0 mID 01
debug: feID 7a gtxID 0b
debug: fpID 5a dsID http://Hallenberg.com
debug: HWrev X5 SWrev 0.81
debug: B/Ex/Fl(MB) 32/00/08
WATCHDOG reset enabled
debug: autoboot aborted from terminal

debug: DDF: Calibrating delay loop... debug: DDF: 67.79 BogoMIPS
debug: WATCHDOG RESET
debug: BMon V1.0 mID 01
debug: feID 7a gtxID 0b
debug: fpID 5a dsID http://Hallenberg.com
debug: HWrev X5 SWrev 0.81
debug: B/Ex/Fl(MB) 32/00/08
WATCHDOG reset enabled
debug: autoboot aborted from terminal

------ Extra Informations ------
Selected Network adapter: VIA VT6105 Rhine III Fast Ethernet Adapter - Packet Scheduler Miniport (0)
IP-Adress of the Network Adapter: 192.168.0.201
IP-Adress of the Dbox: 192.168.0.202
Comport: Communications Port (COM1)
Operatingsystem: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
CPU 1: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz @ 2800 MHz
CPU 2: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz @ 2800 MHz
Filename of the Images: mtd3.img
Imagetype: Two Flashs
DBOX-IFA Version: 2.3