DBOX - Dodgy Picture

KhuramG

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Guys Please Help,

My dbox was running fine for over a week until today. Unfortunately all of a sudden it started displaying lots white spots on the picture. As you can see on the pic attached - they are everywhere. I've tried my mate’s box and that works fine in my house. The weird thing is when I stream it to my PC the picture is perfect so it can't be the tuner. Or can it?

Please advice as I've tried everything. Different images, different service files, different scart cable.

Thanks,

Have you tried powering the box down for a while.

de_deej

Yes mate - i left it switched off for few hours, still no joy. The fact the picture is clear when it's sending the sream to my pc - doea this mean the tuner is ok?

Yes tuner should be OK. Have you tried changing uCodes?

Yes your tuner must be ok if you get channels to your pc, so on that score you can rest easy, but has for the white spots never seen that before i think mgb is the best to explain that one.

@liamcrayden

Yes mate - tried all the ucodes - still no joy :(

somethiong is definitely gone on the box - lots of spots everywhere but when i stream the video to pc via network it works fine. No spts at all - i get a lear picture. Tried changing the scart cable and tv. Something is not right.

@mgb

Mate, any ideas?

Hi,

have you tried the box on a different tv as I had a daewoo that played up many years ago. Also have you tried connecting to the tv through a vcr or directly, and finally have you tried both scart outputs.

de_deej

@gav12345

Mate I am using your latest 1x image (The segam has 1 intel chip) but unfortunately it didn't cure the problem. Lots of little white dots everywhere (sound is okay though). Signal quaity i also ok - Can't work out what it is? Maybe a faulty avia chip (according to one of mgb's posts the mpeg conversion is done by the via chip and only raw data is sent to the pc while sttreaiming hence no probs when I'm viewing a channel on pc.

@de_deej

Yes mate tried different TV, different scart cable, both scart outputs - still the same :(

Might be a problem with the scart on the box.

de_deej

could possibly be. Any idea whice I should be looking. All the connections of scart socket look ok. Any idwa which chips output the picture to the scart socket?

I asume you have tried both scart sockets and if so was it the same, it would be worth just resoldering all the scart connection on the main board as it cant hurt,if that doesent work it looking more like hardware fault on your box.

derekwd said:
I asume you have tried both scart sockets and if so was it the same, it would be worth just resoldering all the scart connection on the main board as it cant hurt,if that doesent work it looking more like hardware fault on your box.

Yes mate tried both scart sockets but its the same. The connections look good but I'll try resoldering them anyway.

Just tried something else - tried to strem back to dbox from PC via VLC - Exactly the same problem. It works fine if i stream cable channels to pc

Have you tried different video settings on the dbox, i know some will give a green picture depending on your tv but just to see if it removes the white spots.

Hi,

Did you ever find a solution to this? I'm having the same problem.

With mine, I don't think it is a tv connection problem as startup pages, menu's, etc. are fine.

If I hook it up to a very large tv, it seems more like digital artifacts.

I tried quite a few images now and all the suggestions here but unfortunately none work. This is with a Sagem 2x

Thanks for any help

Back