Dbox Backup

microman

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi there, I hope someone can help me or point me in the right direction. I'm a newbie and, because of which, I'm scared I break my new nokia Dbox2 while I play around with it.
I'm attempting to follow the image school tutorials but want to backup what i already have on the box before I flash a new image. At the moment I have successfully connected to my Dbox2 using windows builtin FTP and also FlashFXP (preferred option).

If it has any relevance It came with Sportster Pro in debug mode, apperently the latest image, but I dont know how to verify this. I do know that when I start up the LCD displays
Sportster Pro
U Boot 1.2.0

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help.

This thread explains how to backup your image...

http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=120251

If you are a newbie, have a read through PT-1s Helpfile...it's in the download section under DBOX2 - Guides. It honestly does tell you everything you would need to know about the dbox.

And don't worry about breaking the box, that's the only way that you learn. ;)

The only way you could break it is if you 'flash WITH bootloader' instead of 'flash WITHOUT bootloader' or 'flash WHOLE image' instead of 'flash one partition'.

That's just the way it is!

It's not just a cable forum, there other sections you can use to get up to 20 posts.

And it stops leechers downloading and never coming back!

Thanks for that, just what I needed, I now have a successful backup.
I have looked around the forums and I have read PT-1s Helpfile but in my eagerness to get started I must have missed it. I know to look a little more carefully next time.

Back