Dbox 2

Hazenp

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hello, I have a Nokia Dbox 2 (cable) & it wont receive any channels, my cable provider is Virgin Media, I choose Cable Bruteforce & fast scan off, ive emailed the guys i have got it off & they have said i should get the right config from Virgin Media or send it back so they can test it ( they said before they sent it they got 400+ channels)... cheers

Hello, I have a Nokia Dbox 2 (cable) & it wont receive any channels, my cable provider is Virgin Media, I choose Cable Bruteforce & fast scan off, ive emailed the guys i have got it off & they have said i should get the right config from Virgin Media or send it back so they can test it ( they said before they sent it they got 400+ channels)... cheers

They are pulling your leg mate,the dbox2 hasn't worked on cable in years,send it back for refund :)

Sent from my Xperia X10 using Tapatalk 2

they are mugging you off to shift their stock as no one else is buying them anymore

At that price Im guessing you bought 2?

How did you pay? If paypal try and open dispute, if on a card ring your bank and ask if there's anyyhing they can do.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

seen one in charity shop window last week for £5

Cheers for the reply's guys! & it was one box i bought, ive told him i want a full refund but hes saying no, he said i can send it back so he can re check it, but you's saying that they dont work so im not going to want it back, i did it through pay pal, & when i mentioned contacting pay pal he said i will contact Virgin Media ( my cable provider ) & tell them :Biggrin2: im not scared by that! i want my money back! what is the best working box to buy? (cable)

Without wanting to sound harsh I'm not really sure you are entitled to a refund, nowhere on that link does it say you'll have access to premium channels and even the slightest google would have told you about nagra 3 killing these boxes, the seller shouldn't have lied to you after you recieved the box though, sending it back to him he'll only claim he has it working and it must be something your end so I wouldn't waste postage on him, I guess a PayPal claim might work but as the box technically still does what it's legally supposed to do and that's recieve fta then only paypals ignorance will save you but I do hope you get a refund, simply because the seller shouldn't lie about it being able to recieve premium content.

Don't be scared by his threats to tell Richard Branson on you lol, they would be more interested in the fact he's a box supplier believe me ;) especially if it has come with evocamd preinstalled?

Sent from my telephone.

Last edited:
I understand where your coming from mate, ive had a box from there before but i broke it. I didnt think about looking on the web to find out about it,he told be to get a smartcard from my cable provider which i already have in my virgin box, would this work, i dont know haha, if not i will try & get a full refund :)

I understand where your coming from mate, ive had a box from there before but i broke it. I didnt think about looking on the web to find out about it,he told be to get a smartcard from my cable provider which i already have in my virgin box, would this work, i dont know haha, if not i will try & get a full refund :)

even if you were able to get the dbox to read your card, what good would it be? you'd still only have access to what you already pay for, stick that claim in mate :)

Cheers for the reply's guys! & it was one box i bought, ive told him i want a full refund but hes saying no, he said i can send it back so he can re check it, but you's saying that they dont work so im not going to want it back, i did it through pay pal, & when i mentioned contacting pay pal he said i will contact Virgin Media ( my cable provider ) & tell them :Biggrin2: im not scared by that! i want my money back! what is the best working box to buy? (cable)

NOT cable .. unless u want free to air .
Satellite the way to go mate.

No mate, as has been said before, nothing will work with these boxes now, your Virgin smartcard certainly won't.
Surely if it was broken you could get a refund for it though ;)

you can get channels still from them ie bbc1 bbc2 itv and other channels so really it is a working box. best thing to do is call virgin media and ask them for more channels they can give you a new box with lots more channels on it.

so technically that box works thats it you get some channels

Back