dbox 2 won't boot

B

brian1974

when i turn the dbox 2 on it stays on the image and the screen on the box says loading kernel and won't go any further, also there are lines down the screen on the box. any suggestions!

The best and easiest thing to do is re-flash the image again to the box. The lines in the screens can be sorted and theres a tutorial on how to do this on one of the threads. It involves a stanley knife and a steady hand, so i'd probably live with the lines IMHO.

not sure how to reflash i have the tutorial but am not very technical, is there any help you can offer me

Just checking the basics:

You have the dbox connected to the pc via a cross-over cable.

Leave Dbox power cable unplugged
Start IFA
Browse for the image you want to flash in the first option.
Select your network card in the second option.
Click start.
Now plug in your dbox and after a couple of seconds you should see flashing on the lcd screen of the dbox.

Box Didn't Flash, Said Auto Boot 1, Then Screen Changed And Said Loading Kernel. Nothing Else! Any Suggestions

just thought id put in here.......just been through all of this - took 3 full evenings of trying......what i did was

standard network switch
laptop or pc with lan and comport
standard com (9Pin) pass through cable

connect that all up - and in all fairness it does work but for me to get to this i had to rebuild my laptop - once i had a clean build it flashed straight away - if i'd have done that the first night.......no one mentioned that....

Back