Dbox 2 Pda ( Pocket Pc )

MN2005

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all,

I`ve just bought a ipaq 1940 and was wondering if anyone knows if such a thing as a sdio to lan cable exists. I think it would be so easy to mange / backup my Dbox using this method. I have tried egay the lot to no avail. would even appreciate schematics to make one if any one has them.

p.s TO THE MODS, Sorry if this is in the wrong section, but it is a DBOX issue. tried the satnav section, but didn`t think it was relative.

Thanks in advance.

MN2005 said:
Hi all,
I`ve just bought a ipaq 1940 and was wondering if anyone knows if such a thing as a sdio to lan cable exists. I think it would be so easy to mange / backup my Dbox using this method. I have tried egay the lot to no avail. would even appreciate schematics to make one if any one has them.
p.s TO THE MODS, Sorry if this is in the wrong section, but it is a DBOX issue. tried the satnav section, but didn`t think it was relative.
Thanks in advance.

Doesnt your Ipaq have Wifi?

The easiest thing to do would be to use the web interface, and control it over wifi on your PDA.

Im not sure if the 1940 has a Consumer IR port (the 5450 that I have does), in which case you can program it (using nevo or philips pronto configs) to control your dbox using IR commands.

Yer if the 1940 has Wifi then thats brilliant. If it doesnt, then just get an 802.11b SDIO card for it. Obviously you'll need your DBOX to be wireless as well - either via a cable to a wireless router or via a access point or wireless bridge.

Then, you can use
Orneta FTP (freeware FTP program) to transfer data to and from the box.

You can also use VLC (download the pocket pc version at www.videolan.org) to view and stream data.

And of course you can do telnet commands too with the appropriate software.

Dont know if all the above applies to you, but thats how I use my O2 XDA; should be the same for your Ipaq as they run similar software.

Liam.

WOW.. Thanks guys for your input.. Unfortunatley My ipaq does not have wifi. However I do have a G router so I may go down the sdio route. coleing, what software do you use..? Nevo..? as the 1940 does have IR.

Once again guys, thanks very much for your info,

P.s. is their such a thing as a bluetooth Lan dongle..?

MN2005 said:
WOW.. Thanks guys for your input.. Unfortunatley My ipaq does not have wifi. However I do have a G router so I may go down the sdio route. coleing, what software do you use..? Nevo..? as the 1940 does have IR.

Once again guys, thanks very much for your info,

"coleing, what software do you use..? Nevo..? as the 1940 does have IR"

Ok, Nevo is software that comes with a few Ipaqs. It allows your tore-program your iaw as a universal remote (with learning functions etc...
If you havnt heard of it, it is likely that your Ipaw only has low Powered PC Infra Red. This means that your IR port will only send IR signals about 1 meter. The 5450 has a "consumer" IR port, which is much more powerful, and can therefore be used as a remote control.

I dont use Nevo to control my home, I used to use my Ipaq, but it was too slow at changing channels, so ditched it.

I think going down the wifi route would be better for you.

MN2005 said:
Hi all,
Thanks in advance.

No its not in the wrong section. But lets keep it on topic.

Guys... I cannot thank you enough...I`m going to go down the Wifi SDio option. I can then control my Dbox using the web interface and ftp into it with the minimum of fuss. Thanks` to all for their input..

Back