dbox 2 and pci tv tuner

daz999

Member ++
Reaction score
hello guys, 'm trying to connect my segem dbox2 to my pc and bought a pci tv tuner card from #bay....but it doest seem to pick up the signal from the box..

even tried the scart to svideo leads..

ok my question is whats the RF frequency on segem dbox2? to see if i can do a maanual tuning..

My guess is i bought a crap tv tuner card from #bay..

A dbox has no RF modulator on board.
You need a scart to cinch adapter or a scart to svidio adapter depending which inputs you pc card has.
Its maybe easier to watch via a network connection.

the card make, let me see doesnt ve a one its called easy tv capture card...but 've tired with scart to svideo lead and still it doesnt pick up the signals..

just above the antenna pulg, has a rf connection it says tv/vcr is it in or out?

If the card has a s-video input use the TV scart socket at the box and set the video settings to svideo. You have also to select the svideo input inside the software for the card.
You should unplug your box before you start playing with the scart plug.

thanks for that mgb, 'll play it around again 2mw 2see if it works... btw 've seen alot of info on video streaming from pc to dbox...but not on dbox to pc..

if i connect to the box directly using rj45 cable, how i view it using vlc?

thanks
if i connect to the box directly using rj45 cable, how i view it using vlc?

How do you use the forum search ?
How do you read my Helpfile ?
How do you read anything already posted 1000 times in this forum ?

Hi PT-1, 'm really sorry to offend you like that...only asked a question and 'll do my search next time again sorry...

Back