Dbox 1 Help!

A

altayla

hi, I'm a newbie to this! I purchused a Dbox 1 a while ago and decided to see if I could get it working. I bought a BDM adapter and a serial cable and managed to put it into debug mode. I now need to get an image onto it and this is where I'm stuck! I've heard about using a modem cable and funcards but I really don't know what to do because it seems to be not many people have these!

Help would be mostly appreciated!

Thanks,
Alex

I also need to get a services file onto it but don't know how to because xml files won't go onto the box for some reason yet I can use .bin files with channels in to it. This also applies to puting images onto it.

Thanks,
Alex

There is no debug mode on a dbox1. For a dbox1 the whole bootloader must be exchanged via the bdm interface.
You can flash a dvb2000 version via bdm or via null modem cable.
On a dbox1 os and conditional access are strictly seperated. Therefor its only possible to use a converted cam modul and a fun card for instance.

I've managed to get dvb2000 on it and get it up and running, but I now need the channels, I've tried searching but that was no use, I just need to be able to get the service xml file onto it or convert it using something like dvbedit. Can anyone help please?

Cheers,
Alex

Do a channel search via the tuner menue. You have to scan every frequency used in your area with that method.

I used the scan and it said invalid channels and just restarted!

Take a valid services.xml for you area, read the first valid frequency, open the tuner menue (menue button , then 6), type in frequency and symbol rate . Qam is qam64 and FEC is 3/4. Press the button for search and after that add.
Overwrite the frequency with the next valid one and so on.

I'm not sure which part to do! Here's what's first on the services file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
- <zapit>
- <cable name="MR_E 1">
- <transponder id="0001" onid="0031" frequency="739000000" inversion="2" symbol_rate="6887000" fec_inner="3" modulation="3">
<channel service_id="0065" name="Sky Sports Xtra" service_type="01" />
<channel service_id="0066" name="Sky Cinema 1" service_type="01" />
<channel service_id="0067" name="Sky Cinema 2" service_type="01" />
<channel service_id="0068" name="Sky News" service_type="01" />
<channel service_id="006a" name="Hallmark Channel" service_type="01" />
<channel service_id="006b" name="Premier Plus 2" service_type="01" />
<channel service_id="006c" name="Disney Channel +1" service_type="01" />
<channel service_id="006d" name="PlayhouseDisney" service_type="01" />
<channel service_id="006e" name="Toon Disney" service_type="01" />
</transponder>

Please could someone help me out!

Cheers,
Alex

Is there any way of getting an xml service file onto a dbox1? I was wondering if there may be a way of converting it into a dvb file so that it can go straight on through the serial connection.
Please reply as soon as possible!
Thanks,
Alex

tuner menue -> menue button and then 6
1 Frequ: -> press 1 and then type in 0739
3 Symb: -> press 3 and then type in 06887
4 QAM: -> press 4 and select the value 64
press 9 for search

I did that and it came up with "error: no sig." which I assume means no signal but the wires plugged in fine!

Please can you help me?

Thanks,
Alex

Sorry, there was a typo.
1 Frequ: -> 7390
3 Symb: -> 06887

I've just thought, I want it to go through a cable line, does this matter? As I have seen dboxes for cable and others for satallite.

Maybe that's the reason why it is saying no signal.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Alex

On a sat box there is a socket for 1 f connector on the backsite and for cable dbox1 items 2 sockets for hf connectors.

Back