Db 800

delectable

Inactive User
Reaction score
Anyone got the new 800 DB? Is it actually High Def?

Any good? I heard doesn't have a HDMI output.

I dont have the box but the DM800 is Fully High Def with DVI out to carry HD picture

Sound is outpued VIA Phono cables and Optical for DD5.1

it will probably upscale them to 1080i

i find my TV does a better job upscaling than boxes. SD pictures look pretty good

lot of images going about at the min for the 800 using peter pan at the min but if going from a 500 its a big change took a while to work out how to set the sats up but all in im well happy with it picture is great

Thanks guys. So what will be the difference with the 8000, if and when it ever comes out?

The 800 only has single tuner, the 8000 will have two tuners for full pvr use. I'm sure there will be other improved bits of hardware, it will be like comparing a dm500 to a dm7025.

I take it the 8000 is not out yet then ?

I have been confused when i was looking because i thought that the 800 was the 8000 DOH ;)

I think dreambox are a little foolish to bring out the dm800 at 350 odd quid because its HD... ok i know what the dreambox can do i have had quite a few lol in my time but 350 quid is madness.

They should of put it out at 250 and then the 8000 at 400 but i know the 8000 will be closer to 800 when it comes out if it comes out because i have not seen it yet.

But also i have not searched for it only on ebay.

its been a dream for nearly 3years.

and still no def date for release

I take it the 8000 is not out yet then ?

I have been confused when i was looking because i thought that the 800 was the 8000 DOH ;)

I think dreambox are a little foolish to bring out the dm800 at 350 odd quid because its HD... ok i know what the dreambox can do i have had quite a few lol in my time but 350 quid is madness.

They should of put it out at 250 and then the 8000 at 400 but i know the 8000 will be closer to 800 when it comes out if it comes out because i have not seen it yet.

But also i have not searched for it only on ebay.

it would have been nice to see it a round that price but then the ip is not much cheaper maby when the market gets bigger it might come down in price but will say this its worth every penny

Back