davidh sat system

faz123

Member +
Reaction score
just wondering how you got on looking for a sat system mate.did you get one?
faz

lol m8 yes got one pain in the ar*e setting it up blo**y elevation on the motor elevation on the dish true south not magnetic
5deg here tell u what m8 i have a headache and it is still not sorted:mad:

anything i can do mate happy to help if i can set mine up myself after a bit of messing about but got there in the end lol

yes m8 all help gratefully received lol
yes m8 was told the dish elevation was to be set at 25 degrees
set up the wall bracket
put the motor on set it to 25 degrees the put the dish together went to put the dish up and low and behold the blood* thing had elevation on it as well
here is the write up in the leaflet
1.aiming true south.
attaching the antenna dish to the mount. make sure it is at the center of the mounting tube.rotate the mount together with the antenna towards TRUE SOUTH. You can find the TRUE SOUTH via the magnetioc variation table and a compass that indicates the MAGNETIC SOUTH

2. setting elevation angle of the mount
Adjust the mount elevation angle via the inclinometer or the elevation la***ude scale both on sides of mount.
3 setting angle of the dish
Find the Declination Angle by the attached Angle Table
Set the Declination Angle by the scale on the antenna dish.The reading on the disch scale should be
40 degrees - DECLINATION ANGLE

i worked out the lat***ude of my home to be 53 the elevation to be 37 when i done this on the mount the 2 numbers coresponded on the scales :D then it give the declination angle as 7.552
so i worked this out to be 40-7.552 =32.5
i think this is right the only one i feel i am stuck on is true south ?
:confused:

long story
i think i worked out (tell me if i am wrong ) true south is 5degrees
away from magnetic south ? east or west? or right or wrong helpppppppppp

found out it is west:D :D :D

the way i did it was set motor to zero fix dish to motor dead straight put on wall mounting used compass to move dish and motor to southon bracket then put frequency details of a channel on thor sat 1 degree west in receiver then moved dish on wall bracket side to side not on motor and up and down until best signal was got if you set up on thor its more or less due south and when you look for other sats they just fall into place make sure zero on motor is thor . i tried with longitude and latitude but it did my head in and i gave up on it

i could come and give you a hand if you wanted mate just let me know im in the nw area

thanks for the offer m8 but i have finaly got a couple of sats programed in :D astra & hotbird

who watching the match on saturday:D

Back