Dash_launch_v3.04

irlam

Inactive User
Reaction score
================================================================================
ChangeLog
================================================================================
V3.04
- kinect health message block fixed for 16197
- updated polish translation (thanks Pelcu!)
- fix CIV hook issue, may break some titles that use CIV (a gamy Call of Decay: Body Odor 2 now works)
- lump updater version limit patch into noupdater option so it can be disabled
- improved installers ability to prevent install on unsupported kernels (including devkit and unsupported retail versions)
- installer will now only offer to update, if the embedded version is newer than currently running one

Attachments

• dash_launch_v3.04.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 65
added it to the download section and can confirm this works. :)

copy onto the usb and then in xex menu copy it to the root of your HDD, make a folder called "dashlaunch" on it or you could FTP it across.

copy onto the usb and then in xex menu copy it to the root of your HDD, make a folder called "dashlaunch" on it or you could FTP it across.

I've got it running and can configure it. But my FSD is still 2.2, I've tried deleting the Freestyle folder via ftp and downloaded FSD3 iso, but it still reverts to 2.2 after installation.

have you created a new ini in dashlaunch? and saved it?

What happens when you put the ISO in your drive?

I made a folder called "dashlaunch" and copied the files across, then also made a one called "freestyle" then when I run the dashlaunch.xex I tell it that on boot to load the new FSD.xex, then the console should boot into the new FSD? (of course you save your settings by saving the launch.ini which would save it to the root of your HDD.)

I wish I could have used the ISO.....but alas, no drive in mine.

Last edited:
Did I read rightly that you had created a youtube video for this? Do you have a link?

It had a spelling mistake, 3 gig rendered and then the shitty bottle neck on the upload to youtube......cancelled, re-rendered and re-uploading mate. ;)

Hope it helps, it's from the very start of a virgin machine.

• update xell
  • update dashboard to 16197
  • update avatars
  • install xex menu
  • install dashlaunch - dash_launch_v3.04
  • install free style dash - F3Rev58Release - Freestyle 3.0
  • attach and mount storage
  • general look about dashlaunch (even though it was outdated 30 seconds after installing it, 3.03 was used in the video...lol)
  • general look about FSD
  • OFF....lol

it's on it's way though........ tik tok...tik tok.....

Last edited:
Apologies for all this hassle...

I removed default.xex from root (3.04) and used a FSD installation disc to remove the existing copy of fsd. Rebooted to NXE and installed FSD 3, got a black error message saying I was running 3.04 and only certain versions were supported. Exited and tried the install again this time it worked, but it's still 2.2

not a problem to me.

What dashboard are you on?
Have you updated dashlaunch?
Have you run dashlaunch and saved the ini?

I deleted default.xex from my root and from freestyle folder.

I copied default.xex from new 3.04 to a usb and booted into it. I set a path to FSD and then saved it to a new launch.ini

When I restarted, it booted to FSD 2.2, I exited to NXE and tried to install FSD 3 from cd. I only chose install FSD and left all others unticked. But 2.2 always starts.

I am running 2.0.15574.0

what about dashlauch though mate?

The new FSD will need the new one installed.

Videos Live I'll post it.

Hope it helps I'm too bedski.

I'm off to bed but good luck and I'll have a look see how your getting on.

video here

Last edited by a moderator:
Must be doing something write COD:BO2 is now working, no more black screen.

Just can't get my head around this FSD3 issue.

Thanks again for all your help

your problem is you never put ticks in anything else, put ticks in every thing and save all the shit you have just done f3 will do it all for you lol
I deleted default.xex from my root and from freestyle folder.

I copied default.xex from new 3.04 to a usb and booted into it. I set a path to FSD and then saved it to a new launch.ini

When I restarted, it booted to FSD 2.2, I exited to NXE and tried to install FSD 3 from cd. I only chose install FSD and left all others unticked. But 2.2 always starts.

I am running 2.0.15574.0

after you have installed f3 if it don't install dash launch 3.4 for you anyway , on f3 dash go to utility's /file manager then hdd1 / freestyle / dl302 folder delete the xex file there and put the new 3.4 file in there that should be you just click the new xex file
Apologies for all this hassle...

I removed default.xex from root (3.04) and used a FSD installation disc to remove the existing copy of fsd. Rebooted to NXE and installed FSD 3, got a black error message saying I was running 3.04 and only certain versions were supported. Exited and tried the install again this time it worked, but it's still 2.2

Last edited:
your problem is you never put ticks in anything else, put ticks in every thing and save all the shit you have just done f3 will do it all for you lol

Tried all that last night as that's what I done when I first installed fsd a few months back. Fr some reason the 360 wouldn't connect t any servers, just said something about gathering files and just sat there for about 10 minutes.

Back