D500c and DigiSender Gold

q2uantum

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi has anyone else tried a Dreambox with a digi sender gold transmitter and receiver?

reason i ask is I had one for my subbed box which worked fine and also used it on my Dbox2 with no problems at all. BUT when i have come to try it on my dreambox it works but the picture is in black and white on the receiver end. I made sure it was seated ok etc buit no joy still black and white.

Anybody any ideas why? has anybody tried any other digi senders to see if they work?

I only need it working for the next month or so as I am in process of decorating a room so when i get to lifting the carpet I am running some sat cable into the room where the receiver is and will buy another dreambox and use my splitter that I have had sat here for 3 months :)

Regards

q2

JonMMM

Elite Member
Reaction score
Not sure but it sounds like a s-video issue

Edit, sorry will enlighten on that if you out put a RGB scart outut into a S-Video input you will get a black and white picture (unless your scart output can deliver s-video) most video senders only do compersite, maybe yours being "gold" is doing s-video, and the dream is not out puttin s-video over scart. Just a guess but it works for me.

Last edited:

q2uantum

Inactive User
Reaction score
Not sure but it sounds like a s-video issue

Edit, sorry will enlighten on that if you out put a RGB scart outut into a S-Video input you will get a black and white picture (unless your scart output can deliver s-video) most video senders only do compersite, maybe yours being "gold" is doing s-video, and the dream is not out puttin s-video over scart. Just a guess but it works for me.

mm sounds interesting that theory m8 will look in to the digisender gold itself and look see what they say

thanks for the info

bloodstone1964

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi i have been using these senders for years they work great as long as you dont put them in a room with the microwave on lol : multi :

q2uantum

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi i have been using these senders for years they work great as long as you dont put them in a room with the microwave on lol : multi :

LOL yeh our microwave does the same m8 to the one on in the conservatory! Are u using yours with a dreambox? and if so is it an original dreambox or a copy?

regards

q2

TEST