d4001- can i mod an newish digi box

BAGGIES

Inactive User
Reaction score
Ok my mate has a d4001 which he cancelled a contract to a year ago, the box is just basically used as a door stop ie, he dont need it...

i am querying would i be able to mod this box cut talk back and use it as usual or would this be far to risky ?? im in a pure n*l davic area....

No reason why you cant mod it if:

1.) your mate is in the same cable area as you.
2.) the cable company do not intend to give your mate a call to retireve the box ever. ie. it has escaped their system and they dont believe your mate still has it. Otherwise the baliffs will be round demanding stuff.

would i need to create another funcard or just modify the existing mosc the box came with....

BAGGIES said:
would i need to create another funcard or just modify the existing mosc the box came with....

The existing card will probably be locked with a false BK so i'd recommend you ledsimms the box to extract the bk and then write either a funcard, tit2 or an Atmega card.
Unless you fancy glitching the rom to open it i'd forget modifying the original card ......

'ledsimms the box to extract the bk'

Ok the original mosc seems to be locked...what is ledsimms ? how can i use it to extract the bk.......

thanks all the info

BAGGIES said:
'ledsimms the box to extract the bk'
Ok the original mosc seems to be locked...what is ledsimms ? how can i use it to extract the bk.......
thanks all the info
first read the tut on the led sim , its real easy to use ,then contact atmelace to send you one,

Back