d2pro v 2 issues with ssbb

iliveinuk

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi,

I have normally used Wasabi's until I coudnt get the latest ones ( v2 ) so I opted for the similar d2pro ( v2 ) everything seems fine apart from one thing, It does not seem to want to read any dual layer disks, verbs etc have been used but nothing yet, put the same disks into a wasabi modded unit and straight away it works. I have tried to play ssbb on my friends that I did for him, all you get is the laser dropping out a few times and thats it, nothing, its a new Wii, so the laser is not knacked, or would hope not. Any reason why this would happen, has anyone tried ssbb on the latest d2pro chip?

Regards

Hi,

I have normally used Wasabi's until I coudnt get the latest ones ( v2 ) so I opted for the similar d2pro ( v2 ) everything seems fine apart from one thing, It does not seem to want to read any dual layer disks, verbs etc have been used but nothing yet, put the same disks into a wasabi modded unit and straight away it works. I have tried to play ssbb on my friends that I did for him, all you get is the laser dropping out a few times and thats it, nothing, its a new Wii, so the laser is not knacked, or would hope not. Any reason why this would happen, has anyone tried ssbb on the latest d2pro chip?

Regards

laser is not knacked but probably just needs the pot adjusting here is a guide on adjusting it.

Thanks m8, will have a go at that this weekend when I see him, hes a bit miffed as he took the disk next door where he lives and tried it on his mates that I done a few months back and again it worked straight away lol

Some wii chips you have to set a specific layer-break on dual layer burns, I can't remember what it is though. ?204860? or something

Thats correct, the disks are fine, as they work on everyone's apart from his, yes you do have to set the layer break on the number you said, this was done, thanks for the comment though

Back