cutting Talkback help

bambam

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi there i have a PACE 1000 Phase 1b digi box. I have followed the guide on how to cut talkback. But when i got inside the F connecter the guide says to cut that little dot or screw. i didn't no what to do so i heated up a screwdriver and used it 2 make a hole on the part the guide says to cut. can some 1 tell me if i have done this right??? any replys would be appreciated.

bambam said:
hi there i have a PACE 1000 Phase 1b digi box. I have followed the guide on how to cut talkback. But when i got inside the F connecter the guide says to cut that little dot or screw. i didn't no what to do so i heated up a screwdriver and used it 2 make a hole on the part the guide says to cut. can some 1 tell me if i have done this right??? any replys would be appreciated.

O dear, don't know wot guide ur using mate, you say u got inside the the F connector, it's the tuner ur meant to get inside and cut the track. Have a look at this, page 7

http://www.world-of-digital.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43711

Last edited:
Hi
theres an easy way to check
Plug the box in and to the feed no card in
Then press help and u should get an error message
Also if u r in a vod area press on demand
and a similar message will appear
Hope u aint damaged the cim(cable interface moduale)to much
Cos then it wont boot up and give bbc1 etc

there was no need to make a hole... all you needed to do was run a sharp knife allong the track to cut it... but aslong as the conection is broken, it should work :) so it sounds like you've done it right mate

You just need to set your net id and frequency mate, then your box is complete, with the exception of the card.

thanks 4 da info. I have da original NTl card that came with the box. i am tryin 2 get the boxkey off it in nagra edit but no luck the dam card is locked any idea how to unlock it.

Have a look at the last post that I posted above, the link there is the beginners guide to cable, also all the tutorials that you'll need will be here.

Hope this helps

:Clap: :Clap: :Clap:

how can i be sure that talkback is diabled on my cable box. how can i tell if talkback has been cut off.

Two Things”!!
1) Press interactive button and you should get a Error message
2) Middle light in front of box will blink instead of being on constantly

i have checked but that middle light stays on constanly. i have cut that pin in the tuner but still nothing. what have i done wrong.

can you still watch the vod movies even after cutting the talkback

If you follow "da" guide to cutting talkback everything will be fine - now use "da" search button to find one of the million posts on how to do a card.

If you do "da" above, everything will be "do" "da"

bk from pace 1000

Once uve managed to cut the talkback (shouldnt take long 5-10 min even at basic level) then try the bk database to see if ur bk is in there. All u will need is ur ird. Find ur ird and u wil find ur bk!!! mostly 1000 and 2000 on the database. hope u find it either way!

Back