hmm bit p*ssed

ordered a linux reciver for sat, u remember the little 1s..lol

well checked parcel force web with tracking no

and it says

awaiting customs charging!

first time customs got me

how much u reckon im going to pay?

he marked package as gift and $13 value

Not sure really mate but it shouldn't be much.I ordered a new router from the states a couple of months back with a value of 120 usd and got stung to pay 28 quid import duty on it :( .

Same here m8, checked where it was this morning & says 04-06-2008 21:16 International Hub AWAITING CUSTOMS CHARGING :-(

hmm bit p*ssed

ordered a linux reciver for sat, u remember the little 1s..lol

well checked parcel force web with tracking no

and it says

awaiting customs charging!

first time customs got me

how much u reckon im going to pay?

he marked package as gift and $13 value

Wouldn't worry too much FES it seems customs are stopping everything in recent times it will probably sit there for 1-4 days before clearing and moving on to national hub. At a value of $13 I would be really suprised if they charged you anything, but if they do they will send you an email or letter to the address your parcel is going to, and not release the item untill the fee has been paid. Seems to be routine at the minute, probably just to much volumes of stuff coming in from China

i had same thing but never got charged customs.got a few things and not be stung yet_touching wood:banana:

hmm intresting

05-06-2008 18:03 National Hub Sorted in hub
05-06-2008 13:29 International Hub En route to delivery depot
03-06-2008 22:58 International Hub AWAITING CUSTOMS CHARGING
03-06-2008 22:58 International Hub Arrived in destination country
03-06-2008 11:43 Heathrow Airport Arrived at destination country

does this mean im off the hook??

I think it probably means its gone missing if its been anywhere near Heathrow :proud:

hmm intresting

05-06-2008 18:03 National Hub Sorted in hub
05-06-2008 13:29 International Hub En route to delivery depot
03-06-2008 22:58 International Hub AWAITING CUSTOMS CHARGING
03-06-2008 22:58 International Hub Arrived in destination country
03-06-2008 11:43 Heathrow Airport Arrived at destination country

yup u will have it next day or so

I've had the same thing with Parcel Force.

Bought an electronics kit from the states and been stung with a £68 customs charge and £27 on another parcel sent along with it. WTF for?

You might get an invoice in a couple of weeks.

It depends on whether they think that it's worth charging VAT on it. Parcels marked gift usually get through but it sometimes depends on whether the sender is a company or an individual.

Three Christmas's ago I was importing PSP's from Hong Kong to sell on eBay, I got miffed at ParcelForce charges every time so I tried DHL, it was great they and they came through customs with no trouble.

I then ordered another 10 deliveries over the next two months.

Great.

In March the next year the invoices started dropping through the door from DHL/customs, it cost me over £1500 in charges. I got to the point of shitting myself every time the postie came as they sent a seperate invoice for each delivery.

Ouch.

:)

Messa

PS if its a reliable seller I use Airmail now (even for parcels) and havent had any stopped yet. The downside is tracking and compensation is pants.

I've had the same thing with Parcel Force.

Bought an electronics kit from the states and been stung with a £68 customs charge and £27 on another parcel sent along with it. WTF for?

The £68 customs charges have to be paid or challenged. If the sender declares a sub-gift value (i.e. <£18) and doesn't include an invoice customs will likely use the UK MRSP wholesale price to charge VAT and duty against. If this is the case you are supposedly able to have it reassessed if you can proove what you did pay, e.g. electronic receipt.

The £27 may not be payable under the Unsolicited Goods and Services Act 1971 or ammendments made to it under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000. However only chapter 30 of the 1971 act seems to be available online, so do check with a lawyer, the CAB or Trading Standards before you refuse to pay.

Last edited:
Back