Custom Firmware on PSP Slim

Erazor786

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all. I'm looking to downgrade a Slim PSP.

I've done a fair bit of reading and understand that i need to create a Pandora bat and magic memory stick. I've got a piece of software called PSP Grader v005 which i understand is needed to create the Memory stick. IVe downloaded the Eboot for 1.5 and the official firmware update for 3.90 as ive read ive needed them.

Just want to make sure I'm going in the right direction in regards to downgrade a SLIM psp. I understand that SLim psp's are not downgraded to 1.5 or something and are done in a different way.

And also wanted to ask how do i create the Pandora battery as I've not found much info on that.

The psp grader will format you memory card and place all the files to make it work with pandora battery. with the latest one V005 you only need the 390 eboot.

if you are able to get hold of an older fat psp with custom firmware on you can create a pandora battery with that. but if you are unable to, you will need to get a datal psp tool.

h**p://www.dealextreme.com/search.dx/search.pandora

There are other places in UK for faster delivery but for price these are cheapest

Thanks for the reply madlooney

Sorry people i forgot to mention that i do have a custom firmware Phat PSP. its currently on the m33 3.52 firmware.

I no that the PSP grader will install the relevant files to the memory card. is it then just a case of using some of the files that are on the memory card and creating the battery or do i need other software or something.

Sorry bout all the questions

Thanks for the reply madlooney

Sorry people i forgot to mention that i do have a custom firmware Phat PSP. its currently on the m33 3.52 firmware.

I no that the PSP grader will install the relevant files to the memory card. is it then just a case of using some of the files that are on the memory card and creating the battery or do i need other software or something.

Sorry bout all the questions

When you have grader installed to your memory stick, put it in psp and hold the Left trigger when starting your PSP to get to the Pandora stuff. This will let you make the battery.

I am still not sure if you can pandora a slim battery but it doesnt matter to you as you can pandorize your phat battery and then use it on the slim. But Bro or one of the stoogies will be about soon.

Thanks for the reply Jaffa. As far as I've read, U cant pandorise a Slim battery only Phat ones.

So once ive created my memory stick, boot in to the pandora menu and there is where i create my battery?

Thanks for the reply Jaffa. As far as I've read, U cant pandorise a Slim battery only Phat ones.

So once ive created my memory stick, boot in to the pandora menu and there is where i create my battery?

I have never used grader myself, I use Disenter but I think they are basically the same for creating the battery. It will have a few options to choose from, ie: pandorise a battery or normalise a battery etc etc. Once pandorised its just a matter of putting mem stick in slim and then put the phat battery in and it will automatically give you the CF options as soon as battery goes in.

Thanks for the reply m8.

I've done a Phat psp before (thanks to Janobi) and that required downgrading to 1.5 and then i had to install the custom firmware myself.

With this, is it the same? It will downgrade to 1.5 and then i have to install the Custom firmware myself or are all the files on the memory stick and the option on the menu for my to install a custom firmware?

Sorry for all the questions

Thanks for the reply m8.

I've done a Phat psp before (thanks to Janobi) and that required downgrading to 1.5 and then i had to install the custom firmware myself.

With this, is it the same? It will downgrade to 1.5 and then i have to install the Custom firmware myself or are all the files on the memory stick and the option on the menu for my to install a custom firmware?

Sorry for all the questions

No m8...its a lot easier now, this will take you straight to 3.9 m33 or whatever version grader says. Just shove it in and let it run, thats it.

I am very smart and did mine the old school way.....lol
Thats a blatant lie though because Bro very kindly talk me through every stage for which I am very grateful.

Lol by the old school way do u mean getting a copy of Lumines the game and then doing something with that?

Or the way i did it at the beginnig when the whole memory card and pandora battery came out

By old school way I mean I did what Bro told me to..lol. No pandora or anything just followed his instructions.

Lol when i did mine, Janobi kindly offered to create the pandora battery and memory stick. And after that Johnthehun guided me through the rest of the way!!

Im sure he went for a couple of fags breaks in 20 mins cos i must've been asking some dumb questions, LOL:proud:

Lol when i did mine, Janobi kindly offered to create the pandora battery and memory stick. And after that Johnthehun guided me through the rest of the way!!

Im sure he went for a couple of fags breaks in 20 mins cos i must've been asking some dumb questions, LOL:proud:

Bro and stoogies are a good bumch of helpful fekkers...lol....so :Cheers: to them.

i replied to your post elsewere mate :thumbsup:

Bro and stoogies are a good bumch of helpful fekkers...lol....so :Cheers: to them.

you know how to make a man feel good mate:Laugh:

Just like to say a Big thank you to you Jaffa and Kryton.

Got it sorted, was pretty easy but followed the tut that jaffa posted which Kryton kinda directed me to.

One quick question though, in the ISO folder there is a folder Called Video, What the hell is that for??

Anyway Thanks alot you lot and Rep has been added accordingly.:Cheers:

Just like to say a Big thank you to you Jaffa and Kryton.

Got it sorted, was pretty easy but followed the tut that jaffa posted which Kryton kinda directed me to.

One quick question though, in the ISO folder there is a folder Called Video, What the hell is that for??

Anyway Thanks alot you lot and Rep has been added accordingly.:Cheers:

The video folder there i believe is for UMD video iso's rips.

Glad you got it all sorted now mate

The video folder is for putting UMD ISO films in.

Put the UMD film (ISO) in the video folder then mount it in the VSH menu.

then you can watch backed up UMD films too ;)

Back