Curved Or Flat ?

Well Ive had one little over a year and had to have a replacement, could of had a new series flat but decided to get the same model curved

IMO they do add depth to certain images,mine is not wall mounted so cant comment on that

:)

On the subjects of TV's I will be needing a new one soon . I'll be honest I'm not looking at spending funny money on it . Any ideas on which would be a good one to buy. The one I have is a LG 50inch had it a while now so in that kind of price range

@digi247
do you know how to check how many hours tv has been used on new samsungs ?

Ive tried a couple of things I found on google but none tell me ?

INFO-MENU-MUTE-POWER to access SERVICE MENU < this one takes me to service menu

MUTE > 1 > 8 > 2 > POWER

MUTE > 1 > 8 > 2 > POWER should normally take you into factory mode. From there you would scroll down to SVC/Info and would be able to see the Panel hours. This is using the standard remote though and some menus are restricted. A service remote is usually required to make changes to settings.

Last edited by a moderator:
I recently upgraded from a Sony 40" LCD to a curved Samsung 40" LED and think it`s brilliant.Great viewing angle,plus my bro-in law works in Tesco and they had a 20% special staff discount week,so I got it for Just over £300 as it was also reduced.

I've only ever seen curved tv's in store or at a friends house. And I do personally prefer them. When buying my most recent tv I had a set budget and couldn't squeeze in a curved screen along with 4k in for that (I spent about £650) if you can afford it then I'd recommend going for it. I particularly like it when the football is on.

Sent from my Samsung GS7 Edge

Find the picture quality much clearer on a curved tv especially watching 3d movies but cosmetically it looks ugly hanging of the wall

Hi All

I have a Samsung UE55HU8500 brought it from fleabay ex display model a few years ago
we choose the curved model for the viewing angle so you could see the TV from the side view as we have a corner sofa and it works well for us the picture looks great which ever angle we view it at.

The TV itself is a fantastic TV with a wide range of features the main reason i choose this model of TV was for the one connect box which i have in the downstairs cupboard with the TV mounted on the wall so all the connections are easy accessible like the USB ports etc.

I guess the curved is like mar-mite you either love it or hate it lol :LOL:

But i personally like the curved TV but if your just going to view the TV head on always then i don't see the point spending any extra money on a curved screen just get a normal one and save the cash

Thanks

My Samsung 46" has just developed a vertical line 2/3 of the way across the screen , so I have just ordered this Samsung UE49K6300 curved led HD smart TV this is biggest screen that will fit in the alcove

Sent from my Blade S6 using Tapatalk

Back