Sensible Topic Currys price promise

fus10n

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought something from currys yesterday and found its now on sale £40 quid less! They have a price promise (see image). Do you think they will refund me the difference?

price promise.PNG

Looks like they gotta going by what you posted there..make sure they do

Its all irrelevant anyway. The soundbar i bought, yeah sounds great, but, has rendered my xbox one x HDR functionality useless.

Its going back

I hate the company with a passion. They stitched me up a good number of years ago (or attempted to) and I have never spent a penny with them since. They basically sell cardboard boxes. It makes no difference to them if it's a washing machine, TV or a pair of headphones. If anything goes wrong with your purchase after 28 days you're on your own as their repair facility is absolutely clueless.
Trustpilot seems to agree.
Currys PC World is rated "Poor" with 4.0 / 10 on Trustpilot

Bought 5.1 surround sound for my pc online form currys ,delivered Xmas eve went back on Thursday,arrived damaged now waiting on refund. the box had been open before and repacked,and they sold it as new.

Bought 5.1 surround sound for my pc online form currys ,delivered Xmas eve went back on Thursday,arrived damaged now waiting on refund. the box had been open before and repacked,and they sold it as new.
I see little has changed in the last 18 years then. :mad:

I hate currys with every bone in my body. I had to fight so damned hard to get them to refund some money, really wanted to hurt one of the stroppy customer service people. Eventually had to get paypal involved before the feckers relented.

The only thing currys is good for these days is popping in to have a look and play about with an item, take the crap outta a few 'knowledgeable' unhelpful people, then go buy the item elsewhere!

I hate currys with every bone in my body. I had to fight so damned hard to get them to refund some money, really wanted to hurt one of the stroppy customer service people. Eventually had to get paypal involved before the feckers relented.

The only thing currys is good for these days is popping in to have a look and play about with an item, take the crap outta a few 'knowledgeable' unhelpful people, then go buy the item elsewhere!

They won't want to lose their commission.

i have had no problems with them
That is probably the case with most customers. It's when something does go wrong that they fall apart. A good company (John Lewis for example) tries to help when there is a problem. Currys will do everything they can to wriggle out of their obligations.

That is probably the case with most customers. It's when something does go wrong that they fall apart. A good company (John Lewis for example) tries to help when there is a problem. Currys will do everything they can to wriggle out of their obligations.

Yeah like I can't even go to JVC directly and get advise as they send you direct to Curry's website for that specific device!

Back