Curious to see what’s possible

magicalbeef

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, brand new to all home automation. I’ve recently installed led lighting downstairs which I can control with a remote. Is there such a thing as a WiFi light switch that’s would let me control my lights via my phone?

tia guys as I said I don’t have the first clue about these things so thought I’d ask for points to research

Thanks spud. The lights we have can change colour using the remote, would this function be availile through a phone app? Interested in getting a few projects done just don't like smart speaker jobbies

I don't think so m8 just off on dimmer and voice ect

Found this but looks expensive

Think it's just for the RGH strip ones ?

Last edited:
Thanks spud. The lights we have can change colour using the remote, would this function be availile through a phone app? Interested in getting a few projects done just don't like smart speaker jobbies
You can get smart bulbs on Amazon that don't require a hub and you can control them through either a phone app or Alexa/Google assistant

Sorry for the slow reply, you wouldn'twanna know the week I have

These are what I've got in

GU10 Colour Changing led Bulb,5W dimmable gu10 led Bulbs,Equivalent 50 Watt,RGB 12 Colors Warm White 2700K, Led spot Lights with Remote Control,(Pack of 10): Amazon.co.uk: Lighting

They work perfectly and look great just didn't know of there was a way of controlling them via an app/pc rather than the phone. Tia dude stay safe
They look like they can only be controlled by the remote m8?

These ones are what you want, can be controlled by phone or Alexa/Google

Enshine Smart Bulb GU10, Colour and Switchable White Spotlight Bulbs, Compatible with Alexa and Google Home, 5W(50W),400 Lumens, No Hub Required(4 Pack): Amazon.co.uk: Lighting

Back