Ctrl + Alt + Delete???

mobad

Inactive User
Reaction score
Guys my CTRL + ALT + DELETE buttons are not functioning on my laptop and now I can't login.
I just joined to my domain with windows xp pro and its brought up the menu where I have to press the 3 buttons before I get the user/pass options.

Any way to bypass this or do I need a usb keyboard now?

You can put the entries in the registry in the Winlogon section but I really NOT recommend it.

Might be time for a new keyboard now.

You can put the entries in the registry in the Winlogon section but I really NOT recommend it.

Might be time for a new keyboard now.

He did say it's on the laptop! Anyway, how hard is it to replace the keyboard on a laptop? Is it a matter of unscrewing some screws and changing it or do you have to do something else?

Its an Acer 8104wlmi, will a USB keyboard do the trick.

If I use a USB keyboard ill need to wait until it loads into windows before it picks up and installs drivers (if needed), correct?

Is there any way I can get out this mess pls?

you should be able to use a USB keyboard, or infact a PS/2 one if you have the connection.

Thing is though, it may not solve your problem. Give it a try and see if you can use any of they keys on your laptops keyboard afterwards.

well I just need to login to the system, so if a usb keyboard allows me to login then I can change the domain login structure hence I wont need to be pressuing CTRL + ALT + DELETE again.

Back