CSCS card anyone done one on here?

Would be great to have more information on CSCS
Its simple enough to get.
I have got mine at a cost of £120. It is northern irish construction and called CSR, but also works in the mainland UK.
(but “not” ireland)

CSCS i virtually the same.
Do not quote me on it but i think the law was getting tightened up with it.
You may need NVQ3 upwards to get be accepted for course. If that law has not come in yet it certainly was being spoke about.
I have 20 years experience in steel engineering and NVQ1 & NVQ2.
So in theory i would have to get a level 3!!!!! LOL
If you get your card before that law comes in it does not apply to you as it will be renewal of card every four years at £90.
The test is simple. You need to get 36 questions correct or more from 40.
Its common sense.....
IE: about using 240V outdoors and many other things like angle of ladders.
If you are not a contractor and are PAYE and your employer pays for it he/she is the legal owner of your card.
Most will not give you the card as they dont want you leaving and using the card that they paid for.
PM me and i will tell you how to get access to the card with your photo on it if you go for it.

Course is boring. Full day course.
In my time at the game only know of two people not passing.
If your employer pays it, that will be the first time you get paid to listen to sh*te.

Construction is a hard and dangerous way to earn money, i have seen some injuries in my day.
NEVER TAKE RISKS!!!!
Money is no good if you dont come home to your family.

Last edited:
In the uk stevie its every 5 years to renew the card,If just a labouring job no nvq required .Use the mock tests available online which will give you a fair idea of the questions you will need to answer.Funny as it is had to do mine 6 months ago and pissed it but then i am a genius :D

Its simple enough to get.
I have got mine at a cost of £120. It is northern irish construction and called CSR, but also works in the mainland UK.
(but “not” ireland)

CSCS i virtually the same.
Do not quote me on it but i think the law was getting tightened up with it.
You may need NVQ3 upwards to get be accepted for course. If that law has not come in yet it certainly was being spoke about.
I have 20 years experience in steel engineering and NVQ1 & NVQ2.
So in theory i would have to get a level 3!!!!! LOL
If you get your card before that law comes in it does not apply to you as it will be renewal of card every four years at £90.
The test is simple. You need to get 36 questions correct or more from 40.
Its common sense.....
IE: about using 240V outdoors and many other things like angle of ladders.
If you are not a contractor and are PAYE and your employer pays for it he/she is the legal owner of your card.
Most will not give you the card as they dont want you leaving and using the card that they paid for.
PM me and i will tell you how to get access to the card with your photo on it if you go for it.

Course is boring. Full day course.
In my time at the game only know of two people not passing.
If your employer pays it, that will be the first time you get paid to listen to sh*te.

Construction is a hard and dangerous way to earn money, i have seen some injuries in my day.
NEVER TAKE RISKS!!!!
Money is no good if you dont come home to your family.
Thank you so much rivr4ever for this detailed explanation. You know alot about the industry huh.. 20 years of experience you say. Its it good to know the levels of qualifications i have to gain to move up to the card. and you are 100% correct on the taking risk part. 👌
i will get back in a while.. tied up with some work.

In the uk stevie its every 5 years to renew the card,If just a labouring job no nvq required .Use the mock tests available online which will give you a fair idea of the questions you will need to answer.Funny as it is had to do mine 6 months ago and pissed it but then i am a genius :D
Thanks for the info topchippyles. will search for the mock exams.

Thank you Harshka. for the cscs card types link. i think it will be useful others as well. A bit busy these couple of days. will check it out soon👌 :D

(Removed link as that was a spambot from Pakistan or something, didn't see it had been quoted.)

Last edited by a moderator:
So easy but the cost is stupid, the electrical version is the ESC and its even easier

Back