CS to be fazed out rumour

silverdale

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I heard a few have received letters regarding certain boxes will be fazed out putting an end to CS for good, Is there any truth in this I shall I archive it in my huge pile of bullsh*t ?.

Lol....rumour ferret but the pongs is getting a little unbearable :)

I was reading the same thing at the beggining of last year...i think letters said they were phasing out old boxes to cardless tivo/v6 boxes by july 2018...
And here we are with CS still working well.

I wouldnt listen to rumours...just enjoy it till it ends.

I think, just like $ly, it will be fazed out over a long period.

Haven't they already somehow stopped c/s for Sports HD channels on non official boxes?

VM are different than sky in he fact that with sky anyone can point a dish at the satellite and get a signal.

With VM they control who gets a signal so "most" people who CS still have some sort of service that they pay for with VM. I think tat VM are worried that if they stopped CS that they would lose those customers to other providers

Haven't they already somehow stopped c/s for Sports HD channels on non official boxes?

Yes Sky sports HD and ITV box office are only available for tivo/v6 boxes using the cardless encryption...so no CS for these.

Not sure why they only hit these channels leaving the SD channels open, maybe it was just to test the water to see if customers would ditch there old boxes in order to carry on watching them.

Old man here....What the fook is that ? and can I get one ?

Sammy 2110 were the old samsung silver boxes that you used to get, they were the version that replaced the Pace boxes. Rom 7 image is likely an image on a MOSC card that's been cracked, and rewritten. Although I thought all that had been blocked when they moved to nagra 3?

Ahh....right then I am now totally fooked, not had TV from them for fooking years...NTL was my last sub for TV.....just shows how old I am. ha ha ha

...Not sure why they only hit these channels leaving the SD channels open, maybe it was just to test the water to see if customers would ditch there old boxes in order to carry on watching them.
I think so. They've have probably paused it either due to issues or complaints from those with official boxes still using cards. VM will probably wait until they've fazed out the card boxes then continue with sports then movies and remaining. Similar to $ly.

Sammy 2110 were the old samsung silver boxes that you used to get, they were the version that replaced the Pace boxes. Rom 7 image is likely an image on a MOSC card that's been cracked, and rewritten. Although I thought all that had been blocked when they moved to nagra 3?
Absolutely correct. I thought the winky face would have conveyed my attempt at humour :D

I read on another forum of this but no proof has been offered (that I can tell).

Those that can have moved to virmin after $ly went dark so maybe when virmin go dark, they may go back to trying to crack/work around for $lys new pairing method which appears to have gone silent

I had a Virgin Box and used to use the card for CS ..

The last time this come around my box when blank ..

I contacted them and they told me my box was not supported anymore and has being turned off & need to get the new box .. They sent me out the next day .. card gone .. This happen to 4 people i know but most boxes stayed on ..

The dates on my card was still in date as well but was not clearing any channels

I had a Virgin Box and used to use the card for CS ..

The last time this come around my box when blank ..

I contacted them and they told me my box was not supported anymore and has being turned off & need to get the new box .. They sent me out the next day .. card gone .. This happen to 4 people i know but most boxes stayed on ..

The dates on my card was still in date as well but was not clearing any channels
No doubt this will happen to everybody eventualy..
There must be thousands of old boxes still in circulation...it is just a matter of time but i think initialy they were testing the waters to see just how many would jump ship to the tivo/v6 boxes to carry on watching Sly sports in HD.
Otherwise all HD channels would of gone ages ago... theres no reason why they couldnt of switched HD to cardless boxes if they did it with Sly sports....

Thats my opinion.

Seemingly not all card using boxes are being phased out. Some old Irish 160gb boxes are being given a new lease of life and put back into circulation for the Irish branch of VM.

Seemingly not all card using boxes are being phased out. Some old Irish 160gb boxes are being given a new lease of life and put back into circulation for the Irish branch of VM.
I thought it would be the opposite?
Although vermins method of encryption is different to slys, i remember everyone saying that C/S on sly will continue until all SD boxes were replaced. Turned out to be wrong as transponders were method used to kill it off on 28.2°E.
Vermin C/S has lastest much longer than i suspected, personally not intrested in it anymore with sly sports HD gone and you cant even watch this weekends pay-per view boxing on vermin C/S.

Although most, if not everyone i know runs IP*V along with vermin lines on enigma2.

Last edited:
Back