Crossfire micro atx mobo (or stupid question)

cp52

Inactive User
Reaction score
I've got a htpc in the living room i'd like to make it crossfire, i bought an antec case which only supports micro atx mobo's does anybody know if their is a micro atx crossfire board out their, a stall holder at a computer fair told me there was a crossfire mobo which just had pci-e slots & no other pci slots i've not been able to find one though, i really don't want to get a new case has i like the antec & it wasn't cheap either! the alternative is a saw which i don't fancy either thanks for reading!

Never seen a micro atx mobo may be wrong have built quite a few micro systems and carnt recall seeing a micro crossfire system

First things first mate.

Why do you want to go crossfire?

In a small case your asking for trouble with heat generation, also why not just go one decent high end card? Will be much cheaper, cooler, and easier to maintain.

Earlier this year MSI did do a crossfire mATX board but not sure how well it performed.

It is a strange thing to ask for really, hence the lack of support or even the supply of mATX xFire or SLI boards.

I will do a little search for you to see if any companies have pushed on, but at Chrimbo it was basically none existent.

thanks guys i wanted 2x radeon 3870 i was going to get a geforce 8800gtx but they seem to be 27cm long & won't fit my case the 3870 is 25cm long i'm told 2x 3870 out perform grforce 8800 gtx for a half the cost a 3870 only costs about £80 each against a geforce 8800 ultra £300, looks like i'm buying a new case to support full size mobo's!

Your better off buying a bigger case mate, as if you did find a mATX crossfire board I imagine you would have a lot of heat issues with all that going in in such a small space.

I would maybe wait another few weeks as ATI are about to release their 4xxx series of cards so that should drop the prices of the 3 series even further.

Back